TheVipersMom

Biggest (stalker) Fan '14
Cheer Parent
Apr 3, 2011
FYI

7dcf3842b6c7ffdab19867db318f3f47.jpg

b133e5c29aca3b2dc3fd1dd19fc287ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double posted since the threads got combined.

TBH, I'm thankful that our gym doesn't expect our Mini's to travel to Dallas for NCA. If we did, I would really ticked off that they moved the Tiny and Mini divisions to an entirely different event/month/timeframe. I realize these kids are younger and not nearly as exciting as some of the older teams to watch, but it leaves a very sour flavor in my mouth.

I think it'll be interesting to also see how many gyms decide not to take their younger teams to NCA anymore---it's one thing to bring your entire program and travel to Dallas once a year, but to have to do it two months in a row may change some things.

As for the Friday and Monday thing---I realize NCA needs this because of it's size, but what a way to say FU to the athletes education.

Last edited:
It's ridiculous. If Cheersport can get it done in 3 days, ANYONE should be able to get it done in 3 days. Add more stages/performance areas or something, but to ask gyms (and some parents) to turn NCA into two traveling competitions is insane. I'm sure few gyms will be attending the "mini & prep nationals" if they have to choose between the two competitions.

Maybe this will deter gyms from having so many crossovers? (trying to find some positive) As for families with multiple athletes, I'm stuck.
It won't change the crossover situation since you can only cross within level at NCA. Families with multiple athletes, coaches and gyms are going to be hurting. Well, non Texas families, coaches and gyms anyway.

I have not thought about that from that side.
One of the first things I thought of (after school days missed). Take Stingrays as an example, since they send all their teams. Gym has to close Thursday so families/coaches can start traveling to Dallas. Most coaches have multiple teams/levels, so they will need to be there the entire time. Families with more than 1 child, across different levels will need to be there the entire time. Competition ends Monday. Tuesday will be a travel home day. So it's actually 4 days the gym is potentially closed...slightly better than 5, but still not good.

One of the first things I thought of (after school days missed). Take Stingrays as an example, since they send all their teams. Gym has to close Thursday so families/coaches can start traveling to Dallas. Most coaches have multiple teams/levels, so they will need to be there the entire time. Families with more than 1 child, across different levels will need to be there the entire time. Competition ends Monday. Tuesday will be a travel home day. So it's actually 4 days the gym is potentially closed...slightly better than 5, but still not good.

and now there will be no one home to coach their tinies and minis since they can't go, so no practice for them.

Back