All-Star Nca Day 3 Updates (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Unrelated sidenote:

A well-known cheer hairstylist who does a lot of hair for kids at NCA posted a client's teased pony to Instagram.

The hashtag:

#TheWeaveIsWorthIt

Hilarious.

Carry on.

(Full disclosure: I hit bed after Large Senior awards so I haven't had the chance to read!)
There are well known cheer hair stylist now? Oh my.

Scoring aside...because I concur that some seemed "odd"...but I'm a parent so what do I know? ;)
Anyway...I think NCA needs to boycott Dallas and the convention center.
- The "stay to play" hotels were, for the most part, way too far away while many hotels closer in could get you "disqualified".
- The venue must have some sort of housekeeping service in the contract. I doubt NCA (cough Varsity) asked for a cheaper price if they passed on basic services...but the place looked like no basic cleaning services were provided. It was honestly worse than a frat house the morning after a party!!! Totally disgusting! Yet the door keepers were paid well to ensure that coffee was Starbucks and not one in a cup from a different establishment.
- and final rant...the taxi crooks...um I mean drivers. Not turning meters on! Quoting random pricing because "10 is later than 9". Insisting you tip higher. Hey Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau...Get a handle on it! This is not the annual "fleece the cheerleaders" event...or is it? It has gotten worse year after year.

Scoring aside...because I concur that some seemed "odd"...but I'm a parent so what do I know? ;)
Anyway...I think NCA needs to boycott Dallas and the convention center.
- The "stay to play" hotels were, for the most part, way too far away while many hotels closer in could get you "disqualified".
- The venue must have some sort of housekeeping service in the contract. I doubt NCA (cough Varsity) asked for a cheaper price if they passed on basic services...but the place looked like no basic cleaning services were provided. It was honestly worse than a frat house the morning after a party!!! Totally disgusting! Yet the door keepers were paid well to ensure that coffee was Starbucks and not one in a cup from a different establishment.
- and final rant...the taxi crooks...um I mean drivers. Not turning meters on! Quoting random pricing because "10 is later than 9". Insisting you tip higher. Hey Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau...Get a handle on it! This is not the annual "fleece the cheerleaders" event...or is it? It has gotten worse year after year.

Thanks to our hotel bellman, they were the ones that told us to ask the taxi driver what the that would be charged and to make sure that the meter was on. If they did not put the meter on, you don't pay plan and simple.

we were only ripped off on Friday...after that as soon as we asked any driver how much, the meters all went on

and concession stands in the arena could have offered more than hot dogs, popcorn, pretzels and nachos

Jr Pink is back to back to back! My cp was with them the last two years but not this year. So proud of the Pinkies!
Good for them, they deserve it. They are looking so good

To be honest all the teams deserve it. It's just that only one gets it. Kudos to all the teams that turned up despite all the difficulties they endured in getting to Dallas. They are all exceptional athletes. And I enjoyed watching every team I saw

I honestly don't get why everyone is complaining about the tweet from CSP. She is a customer of a company. She doesn't like the value she gets for her money anymore, so she (probably) won't return.
There were no digs, no "the judges are ...", no talking down of other programs.

I hope that all of you never complained on social media about a company that you don't like anymore. The pizza that arrived cold? You took it straight to the customer service and never told your friends about that, right?
Given the circumstances, what would the CSP want to take place? The judges noticed a clear violation. They have no history on this team at Cheersport. And, even if they did, should that nullify a clearly stated rule ? The judges did the only ethical thing they could do. Had the same violation occurred with another team I' sure that they too would have received a deduction.

Let's reverse roles for a moment. Hypothetically, CEA is in first place because the Panthers got a deduction for a clear violation. But wait, no judges identified the Panthers violation at prior competitions so why deduct for the violation here at NCA. So, now CEA gets second and the Panthers win. I'm sure CEA will understand right ? Not a chance.

So basically, NCA did the only thing they could do. They applied the rules and scored accordingly. CEA doesn't want bias judging because it's not always going to work in their favor and then what?? Sad ? Yes. Terribly disappointing? Yes. Unfair? No.

@Kris10boo I'm going to start calling you The Vipers Mom from now on ;)
Hahahahahaha I was about to post this exact same thing. I'm totally changing your name in my phone, @Kris10boo - you will now be "The Vipers Mom" forever to me.

Do y'all remember about 100 pages ago, when I said I couldn't read all this and please make me a results thread?

Whew! Never mind. I made time, and this has been well worth it.

Just a thought - I love that kris10 is The Vipers Mom, and I love that she got called "unprofessional." What? She doesn't work here... ?

Does anyone know what states are rigged in favor of dance? My daughter's team is kind of on the struggle bus, and rather than boycott every competition ever, since they never win... I'm thinking we'll just move to whatever state is the Texas of dance. Any ideas? (please be somewhere WARM...)

Hahahahahaha I was about to post this exact same thing. I'm totally changing your name in my phone, @Kris10boo - you will now be "The Vipers Mom" forever to me.

Do y'all remember about 100 pages ago, when I said I couldn't read all this and please make me a results thread?

Just a thought - I love that kris10 is The Vipers Mom, and I love that she got called "unprofessional." What? She doesn't work here... ?

Does anyone know what states are rigged in favor of dance? My daughter's team is kind of on the struggle bus, and rather than boycott every competition ever, since they never win... I'm thinking we'll just move to whatever state is the Texas of dance. Any ideas? (please be somewhere WARM...)
Well I don't like my name Kris10boo on here so maybe I should totally change it to The Vipers Mom but I don't want people to always not tag me correctly ... Like people who don't know how to tag @Cheer Dad correctly would be the same one to do mine wrong.

So I could make it TheVipersMom or The-Vipers-Mom
Hmmm lol
Lol seriously i don't even know what I have done with my life for the last 5 hours because of this...but I got a big laugh out of it.

Hell I only moved to Texas and Vipers so my kid could be a winner. She already has 2 rings from wins this season, maybe she can get a 3rd at the summit but probably not because we aren't from Florida.
Maybe they can hold the Summit at six flags San Antonio TX instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's an easy one.. CALIFORNIA...and take your daughter to PACE Elite.. home of the 127 time dance World Champions..no joke. They win every single year and multiple divisions since the inception of Dance Worlds. They are the 'Texas of dance' for sure. Google them. :)

In the comments she said she just recovered from knee surgery so is filling in on that team

That is correct. There were athletes unable to travel to NCA so she filled in. And she is recovering from knee surgery. She is not on SMOED.

Question for those who (or parents of kids who) have won NCA more than once: if you embroider the newest jacket you won, do you only embroider it with the name of the team and year you won it with, or would you list the other wins as well? I feel like if I had won more than once I'd want people to be able to tell that I had. It's a completely random question, I'm just curious as to what people who actually have won multiple times would do.

We have multiple jacket's, not from NCA, and I had her name and each team she won with including the year.

So it look like

Betty Sue

Youth Silver 2008
Jr Coed 2009
Jr Elite 2010
Jr Elite 2011
etc
etc
etc

Like that. It's a YXL jacket and it still fit's her.......The reason I decided to do it that way is because I knew I was never going to remember what year's and team's 10 year's down the road. That one is the only one she wears......the other's just hang in the closet.

Well that's an easy one.. CALIFORNIA...and take your daughter to PACE Elite.. home of the 127 time dance World Champions..no joke. They win every single year and multiple divisions since the inception of Dance Worlds. They are the 'Texas of dance' for sure. Google them. :)
Maybe some teams win repeatedly because they know how to hit the scoresheet, teach their athletes good technique and consistently work towards improving themselves. This, in turn, draws athletes from all over to learn from them, and it feeds the cycle. I wonder whether you've actually sat and watched Dance Worlds and compared Pace Elite teams to other teams - there is a reason why they win, and it's because they're GOOD, and not because they're from a specific state, or that the competition is rigged.

I find it ebbs and flows - you'll have years when a team (a.k.a. Smoed) is seemingly untouchable in terms of technique and difficulty, and then slowly others will catch up, and a new team will "take over", so to speak. I feel like this season is a 'catch-up' season, where everyone's difficulty is catching up to each other, and no competition has a clear winner. Some competitions favour difficulty, others favour technique. You just have roll with it and put out the best that you can on the floor. If that's not enough to win, smile, be gracious, go back to the gym and work out where you can improve. Simple.

So seriously.. using this division as an example.. please explain to me why all three teams that hit perfect ( I would really like to know and learn) had such a variation in their raw score increase from day 1 to 2 when they were so close on day 1 and why did Prodigy's go down?? I don't understand really. Can someone post a link to a varsity page explaining all of this?

Vipers went up .75 versus Rockstar that also hit perfect and only had a .30 increase?? Where as after Day 1 they were only .25 apart??
I know I'm late, but my gosh, who peed in your Fierce-o's...

Really? This is okay? Someone has an opinion about scoring and all of a sudden it's acceptable and okay to bully the person? WTH people??! I am pretty damn certain that if the shoes were switched everyone would be circling the fracking wagons.
I personally think the scoring was beyond ridiculous. How can teams be almost identical in the breakdown but then be miles apart in raw score? You can't give a team that is clean a 0.8 in execution but then also give that same 0.8 to a team that had visible bobbles.
I don't agree with the TX teams win thing but I also don't agree with all of y'all jumping CindyLou like it's hunting season. Get a grip people it's cheerleading and most of y'all aren't even connected to the teams in question.

Back