All-Star New Fieldhouse For Disney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I personally think it should be dedicated to Herkie because of his passing last year and just how important that man was to the sport. Although if this were in Europe then I'd say name it after the late Steve Walls as he was monumental in getting cheerleading to the UK and by extension Europe as he was an instigator in the ECU.

I think that would be a fitting tribute.

That was the first thing that jumped out at me. I know for Worlds they are already over capacity at the baseball field which is close to 13,000 capacity if memory serves me. I know they really can't build a venue for one weekend but it should at least be convertible to accommodate larger events. 8000 seems like a small capacity for as large of a building as they are building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Champion Stadium (baseball field) has seating for 9,000. When cheer is there they don't use all of the sides or fill it to the top corners.
The HP Field House seats 5,000 when it is set for basketball games. For cheer it is significantly lower because atleast 1/3 of the seating is unused.
The Arena in Dallas for NCA has permanent seating for 7,400. But when used for cheer they use at most 2/3rds of that.

Champion Stadium (baseball field) has seating for 9,000. When cheer is there they don't use all of the sides or fill it to the top corners.
The HP Field House seats 5,000 when it is set for basketball games. For cheer it is significantly lower because atleast 1/3 of the seating is unused.
The Arena in Dallas for NCA has permanent seating for 7,400. But when used for cheer they use at most 2/3rds of that.

So will 8000 be the capacity for a cheer event? There won't be a loss of capacity because that part of the building is behind the stage?

id imagine they would have floor seating as well, so id think it would be a little more then 8000. Unless they are counting the floor seating already or dont plan on having any of that in this new stadium.

There's probably only one (Worlds), maybe two (Summit) events that will get even close to filling up to capacity, and this new venue is meant to be used multiple times throughout the year. These venues are really expensive, I doubt it was worth the cost to them to make something bigger than 8k seats when the extra seating may not even get used but once a year. I will be really interested to see how the layout is set up, never has there been a venue designed to work for a cheer competition, the cheer competition just always works around the venue.

There's probably only one (Worlds), maybe two (Summit) events that will get even close to filling up to capacity, and this new venue is meant to be used multiple times throughout the year. These venues are really expensive, I doubt it was worth the cost to them to make something bigger than 8k seats when the extra seating may not even get used but once a year. I will be really interested to see how the layout is set up, never has there been a venue designed to work for a cheer competition, the cheer competition just always works around the venue.

In all-star cheer that may be true, but you're forgetting about UCA, UDA and NDTC and those are just the three I know off the top of my head that also fill Wide World and then some. NDTC had to break their comp up this year to Friday-Sunday because they ran over 3 hours late last year (like midnight awards) because they had so many teams.

In all-star cheer that may be true, but you're forgetting about UCA, UDA and NDTC and those are just the three I know off the top of my head that also fill Wide World and then some. NDTC had to break their comp up this year to Friday-Sunday because they ran over 3 hours late last year (like midnight awards) because they had so many teams.

I know team wise they fill up quickly just time wise, but Worlds is the only event I've ever heard of that sells out of seating completely in the Milk House, and they have less than 5,000 seats available. Idk that it would be worth having a venue that seats 15,000 when 80% of the cheer comps there will only fill 1/3 of the seats..

I know team wise they fill up quickly just time wise, but Worlds is the only event I've ever heard of that sells out of seating completely in the Milk House, and they have less than 5,000 seats available. Idk that it would be worth having a venue that seats 15,000 when 80% of the cheer comps there will only fill 1/3 of the seats..

I think 10-12k would be a better idea than 8, knowing that it'll be used for way more than just cheer and dance. With high level seating, Disney will be able to get more people to come to them that go elsewhere now.

So will 8000 be the capacity for a cheer event? There won't be a loss of capacity because that part of the building is behind the stage?
The building is a cheer and dance event building so I am assuming the 8k is the seating for when its one big venue. Per the release.

Where is the new building being constructed relative to the current Milkhouse/Josten's Center?

"Construction is slated to begin in February 2016 and is expected to be complete by mid-2017."
Also sounds like wherever they are building it, whoever's attending Worlds 2016 this spring will be able to see it in construction.. and see a close-to-final product at Worlds 2017.. while the earliest use of the building could potentially be Worlds 2018 (or any of the UDA, High school, etc. competitions I suppose)

Where is the new building being constructed relative to the current Milkhouse/Josten's Center?

"Construction is slated to begin in February 2016 and is expected to be complete by mid-2017."
Also sounds like wherever they are building it, whoever's attending Worlds 2016 this spring will be able to see it in construction.. and see a close-to-final product at Worlds 2017.. while the earliest use of the building could potentially be Worlds 2018 (or any of the UDA, High school, etc. competitions I suppose)
I believe it was brought up in another thread, but a concern that is by the time its built, Worlds will have already outgrown that as well, along with most of cheerleading.

I believe it was brought up in another thread, but a concern that is by the time its built, Worlds will have already outgrown that as well, along with most of cheerleading.
I don't see how Worlds can continue growing if they're cutting back on bids every year?

Back