OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
It's funny 'cause I KNEW that..but to have it so obviously thrown in our face is a bit much.

Also there was some interesting 'cheerlebrity' bits in there (I'm not trying to be weird about it, I'm just surprised nobody caught it yet and has tried to discuss it)..wonder how they'll play out.

Let me set the record straight. We (Inside Cheerleading Magazine) are not and do not have controlling interest by Varsity Brands. We are a private owned small business and did recently purchase Cheer Biz News and two other annuals from the American Cheerleader group. Varsity Brands now owns American Cheerleader magazine. Inside Publications, parent company of iC, also publishes other sports magazines: Inside Gymnastics and Inside Volleyball and we have The Coach's Handbook, The Worlds Commemorative Issue and a Gymnastics Coach's Guide.

If you have questions feel free to contact me.

Shane Womack
Associate Publisher
Inside Publications
[email protected]

Varsity now owns IC and they also bought out my FAVORITE--Cheer Biz. It hasn't been the same since. I've never seen so many varsity brand ads and agendas in my life.

I needed retract this statement since I just recently found out its not true. I don't want to spread false information in any way. I still love Cheer Biz and IC. It must be all the new Varsity ads that threw me off.

Here's a random observation.....why do people bother with qualifying and apologizing for every statement with "IMHO" or "IMO" on a message board? Your screen name and profile pic is attached to your comment.....clearly, it is your opinion.

Here's a random observation.....why do people bother with qualifying and apologizing for every statement with "IMHO" or "IMO" on a message board? Your screen name and profile pic is attached to your comment.....clearly, it is your opinion.
I think to remind people of it. Like if someone sees someone post "Senior Elite doesn't look very good this year" someone might freak out on them, but if they add IMO the people will be like okay that's just what they think and not get as mad at them about the post. That's just what I think about it, IMO ;)

I do that every once in a while because we all know how many people get offended on here by the simplest things and tend to take some posts as personal attacks and as be-all-end-all statements of truth rather than the mere opinions that they are. It's the same as putting "I think" or "I believe" - it makes things a little less inflammatory or controversial. (I also loved My S0-Called Life and have been using imho from that for many years now. And am refraining from ending this post with it :p.)

stash-1-509863be15ad3.gif

In hopes to avoid the above? Just my opinion, don't hurt the catlady :D

Back