All-Star New Uniforms 2016-2017 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

12805891_555451407954639_8675957937084271708_n.jpg
12795415_555451417954638_3504412448026424115_n.jpg

New uniforms for Cheer St. Louis out of St. Louis, Missouri. If the mystique was matte, I'd love it. Right now it's too shiny. On the plus side, it's bra friendly!

As you know, this is from my daughter's gym. It looks very different in person, as it does not appear as shiny as it does in the photo. And I know they are making changes to it as this not the final product. I was not a fan of it when I saw it in a photo, but it looks better in person. However, I am still partial to their current uniform. My CP11 prefers this one.

New uniforms for Cheer St. Louis out of St. Louis, Missouri. If the mystique was matte, I'd love it. Right now it's too shiny. On the plus side, it's bra friendly!

There is a lot happening on this uniform, and not in a good way. The silver rainbow metallic reminds me of elementary school bulletin boards. I feel like this is a step backwards and if I didn't know this was a 2016-2017 thread I would of guessed it was a dated old one. It's bra friendly though, so there's that.

not a fan of the material or the silver mystic, i also cant tell if the word angels is off center or if its just the angle the person took the photo.
Plus im really not a huge fan of when teams clearly take other current uniform ideas and try to use them. I immediately thought of Top Gun angels, and they've only had that uniform for one season or less then a season? and people or the company is already trying to massively use/produce it.
if the uniform was a few seasons old i wouldnt side eye it as much, but again the top gun angels uniform is brand new and its already being replicated.

not a fan of the material or the silver mystic, i also cant tell if the word angels is off center or if its just the angle the person took the photo.
Plus im really not a huge fan of when teams clearly take other current uniform ideas and try to use them. I immediately thought of Top Gun angels, and they've only had that uniform for one season or less then a season? and people or the company is already trying to massively use/produce it.
if the uniform was a few seasons old i wouldnt side eye it as much, but again the top gun angels uniform is brand new and its already being replicated.
Considering the top gun uniform came out like a month ago I'm going to go out on a limb and say this uniform was already designed and the prototype was probably in production. In fact it was probably designed loooong ago considering how long my gym's GK prototype took. Angels and wings as a combination isn't exactly the most original thing to ever be imagined so it's reasonable that they thought of it on their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering the top gun uniform came out like a month ago I'm going to go out on a limb and say this uniform was already designed and the prototype was probably in production. In fact it was probably designed loooong ago considering how long my gym's GK prototype took. Angels and wings as a combination isn't exactly the most original thing to ever be imagined so it's reasonable that they thought of it on their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
then at that i would blame the company producing it, not that its THAT big of a deal but i mean i dont know how that process is, but does gk tell other gyms that this is currently what our other clients are choosing.

then at that i would blame the company producing it, not that its THAT big of a deal but i mean i dont know how that process is, but does gk tell other gyms that this is currently what our other clients are choosing.

I would doubt it.

I also think, when your gym is the St. Louis Angels and all of your team are named after that theme, it's really hard to hold the fact that they did wings against them.

The prep team uniform for Cheer St. Louis has angel wings on the back. So if we are playing a game of who did it first it wasn't Top Gun in this case. I would guess, however, that the idea of wings on a uniform for an "Angel" team is not something that hasn't been done before.

Iowa All Stars has wings on the back of their uniforms and are also made by GK.

If we're going to blame anyone for the idea of angel wings on the back of something, blame Affliction! Haha!

ETA: in terms of the uniform, I prefer their current uniforms over this one. If it was regular sublimated fabric instead of mystique fabric, it would look a lot better IMO.

We do not talk about other gyms/schools. I know for my immediate territory (Illinois) I will do due diligence and tell a customer "I just wanted to let you know that a similar design has been done by someone in your nearby area" I don't mention names, only immediate territory. After I do my due diligence, its up to the gym or school to decide to proceed. 9 out of 10 times, they ask me to change their design to look unique and not like their competitor. No one wants to be labeled a copy cat. Also, as far as demographics, I don't know who is doing what in say Texas so I would never know if a design was similar. I know Custom designs from GK are truly custom and changes must be made to any design that wants to be copied. Example: Someone sends me a picture of Cheer Athletics Wildcats and says "I want that uniform exactly" GK will then use that picture to inspire a new concept inspired by that design.

And to the posters about the wings, several teams have done wings on the back before, several already mentioned. Sometimes things just don't get noticed until a World's Caliber or High profile Gym does something (Much like choreography). I don't think Cheer St. Louis copied anyone due to design time, etc. I think they probably saw a concept and inspired from it with their own twist. Personal note, looking at the jewel placements, I think this uniform will really shine in all the right places.

Last edited:
There is a lot happening on this uniform, and not in a good way. The silver rainbow metallic reminds me of elementary school bulletin boards. I feel like this is a step backwards and if I didn't know this was a 2016-2017 thread I would of guessed it was a dated old one. It's bra friendly though, so there's that.
This is ...silver

Back