All-Star New Venue At Wwos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

as @Cheer Dad pointed out in the other thread, the actual building will only be 15,000 square feet bigger than the milk house. that still won't fit all the spectators in for large senior and large coed.

For other comps like UCA and Summit I see this just taking place of the Varsity tent. I don't think much will be able to change as far as #'s go.

as @Cheer Dad pointed out in the other thread, the actual building will only be 15,000 square feet bigger than the milk house. that still won't fit all the spectators in for large senior and large coed.

For other comps like UCA and Summit I see this just taking place of the Varsity tent. I don't think much will be able to change as far as #'s go.
there's another thread? oops. I didn't even really think of it in terms of large senior and coed (probably cause I'm just fine with watching them in my room), just as an overall way to make worlds less crowded with 3 venues, and hopefully no one having to compete in the tents.. but usasf is a business I wouldn't be surprised if they take advantage of this. hopefully they realize worlds is already over crowded

there's another thread? oops. I didn't even really think of it in terms of large senior and coed (probably cause I'm just fine with watching them in my room), just as an overall way to make worlds less crowded with 3 venues, and hopefully no one having to compete in the tents.. but usasf is a business I wouldn't be surprised if they take advantage of this. hopefully they realize worlds is already over crowded

not it's own thread, was just mentioned in the expansions/new gyms thread.

I vaguely recall a thread a few years back of suggestions for new Worlds locations (that I can't find anymore) where someone mentioned the long term contract with Disney included a new venue/WWOS expansion. More room isn't a bad thing but for comparison the convention center in Dallas is near one million square feet, with the arena at 22,00o with almost 10,000 seats (Milkhouse only has 5,000 seats - though not all seats in the arena are used since some are behind the stage) and halls A, B, and C have a combined square footage of over 300,000. http://www.dallasconventioncenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Modified-Floorplan-Booklet-kbh.pdf

Expansion isn't a bad thing, but I still think we've more than outgrown Disney. Knowing USASF they'll thrown Dance Worlds in there or bring back juniors and do nothing to help the overcrowding.

Expansion isn't a bad thing, but I still think we've more than outgrown Disney. Knowing USASF they'll thrown Dance Worlds in there or bring back juniors and do nothing to help the overcrowding.

EXACTLY!!!! They'll probably move dance (which may free up a TINY bit of space), but move juniors right there. Ugh. I like worlds WITHOUT juniors. There's already too many people, why bring MORE and YOUNGER people?!? Let them stay at Summit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EXACTLY!!!! They'll probably move dance (which may free up a TINY bit of space), but move juniors right there. Ugh. I like worlds WITHOUT juniors. There's already too many people, why bring MORE and YOUNGER people?!? Let them stay at Summit.

Not only that, summit has helped control too many gyms creating a below average J5 and instead creating a solid J4. If J5 goes back to worlds, I expect to see a lot more gyms try to stir up a J5 just to go to worlds...

Wait, I thought J5 going to Worlds was a rumor. Was there confirmation this is happening and what year?

I also don't see a confirmation that it's a building. I guess we can take a guess that is may be by the square foot measurement, but this could also be another kind of field or stadium.

It will be 286,000 square feet according to CU
the building footprint is 180,000 sf which is only 15,000 sf larger than the Milkhouse. I'm hoping maybe the setup of the arena is larger and will hold more spectators, but I was surprised that the difference in the new venue size wasn't larger.

The interesting part of the article is when it says it can be set up for 4 competitions at once. I think this spells the beginning of the end for the U.S. Finals. With an additional 2 floors, I think more Summit Bids are going to be handed out. Imagine if they have this building AND the tents! That's as many floors as NCA! I don't think this will effect World's bids but will definitely make an increase on Summit Bids.

The interesting part of the article is when it says it can be set up for 4 competitions at once. I think this spells the beginning of the end for the U.S. Finals. With an additional 2 floors, I think more Summit Bids are going to be handed out. Imagine if they have this building AND the tents! That's as many floors as NCA! I don't think this will effect World's bids but will definitely make an increase on Summit Bids.
None of the South Florida Teams that I know of even consider US Finals. The big competition when I was little was UCA. There was US Spirit at Universal but I don't think that exists anymore. Then when I hit middle school age NCA Dallas was the Big thing! Now it is all about the Summit. I went one year and loved it! I think the idea is great! I went to Worlds for a couple years with friends to watch and Summit made it feel like our own set of Worlds. I never went back to watch Worlds again. I enjoyed watching other teams in my division.

Well Worlds ain't getting any smaller/more prestigious. They might even bring back juniors because they think they have more space, but really this will just help with overcrowding.

Back