All-Star "off Season" 2016 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Here is a video of our CJA Camp! Before you get to the destination you must first take #TheCentralJourney !

1. Your training and workouts! Wow! More programs should follow your lead. They would have healthy athletes with stamina and cleaner routines. I am impressed.

2. The video music is classy, clean, and inspirational. It was refreshing to see and hear.

That 3 minute video left me with a very positive impression of your gym. I wish more gyms were like your gym with their training and social media presence.

I am cynical in my old age, but you managed to impress me.

Does CJA charge extra for the Crossfit? Like is it an extra expense for the parents?

I don't know as I am not affiliated with the CJA program in any way but I totally love that they are conditioning their athletes. I personally wish more cheer programs would give more time to conditioning their athletes. It's like how about I give you this extra $$$ for more conditioning and/or skills and tumbling technique classes than paying $$$ for a practice wear fashion show. IJS

I don't know as I am not affiliated with the CJA program in any way but I totally love that they are conditioning their athletes. I personally wish more cheer programs would give more time to conditioning their athletes. It's like how about I give you this extra $$$ for more conditioning and/or skills and tumbling technique classes than paying $$$ for a practice wear fashion show. IJS

What cheer gyms don't do some sort of conditioning? All of cp's definitely have

**j'applaudis avec mes cuisses de tonnerre**

Unless its not at a reputable gym, athletes probably condition. And CJA is a more than reputable gym, their teams are always great at every level. I am just wondering if it's an added expense for parents in the gym.

I think it's neat that CJA has their athletes do Crossfit workouts but if they pay extra for mandatory Crossfit workouts then I'd be making a :confused: face as I don't see the necessity of doing crossfit as the coaches know what workouts an athlete needs. I'm just saying, I know how expensive Crossfit can get and if I were a parent I'm not sure I'd like if it were a mandatory added expense. I'm paying the coaches and gym to train my kid. I expect them to know the workouts needed to condition. If they want to make my kid come in for extra conditioning at the gym so be it. But if I had to pay for my kid to do Crossfit on top of gym expenses just for my kid to cheer...... nah.

Last edited:
Unless its not at a reputable gym, athletes probably condition. And CJA is a more than reputable gym, their teams are always great at every level. I am just wondering if it's an added expense for parents in the gym.

I think it's neat that CJA has their athletes do Crossfit workouts but if they pay extra for mandatory Crossfit workouts then I'd be making a :confused: face as I don't see the necassity of doing crossfit as the coaches know what workouts an athlete needs. I'm just saying, I know how expensive Crossfit can get and if I were a parent I'm not sure I'd like if it were a mandatory added expense. I'm paying the coaches and gym to train my kid. I expect them to know the workouts needed to condition. If they want to make my kid come in for extra conditioning at the gym so be it. But if I had to pay for my kid to do Crossfit on top of gym expenses just for my kid to cheer...... nah.

That particular crossfit gym just added a brand new crossfit for kids/teens program so I feel like it'd be a great advertisement if they let them try the class out for one day of camp. Maybe they'll like it and go back or bring friends. The gym offers a free first class to anyone, as well, so I don't think it'd be a major loss.

Of course if CJA is requiring athletes pay the ridiculous prices there for mandatory conditioning, I'd find it absurd... but to me it looked like a fun way to switch up camp conditioning rather than a new required part of training.

Scratching my nogget, I recalled CJA used to bring in other trainers with unorthodox/different training methods from the usual gym coaches at the gym....These trainers will work with the athletes for no extra charge, but I remembered these trainers will extend their services to the parents and friends for a fee, I remembered the bootcamp training during the ungoly early hours on Saturday&Sunday.lol
Furthermore,
I bet good money, PA enlisted this crossfit training to help another new gym/business in their town, she was always so civic minded businesswoman and the cheer parents were charged their regular cheer camp fee, not anything extra...(only assuming!)

Last edited:
i think people might be over thinking the cja thing a little to much, maybe they all decided as a team to do crossfit and decided to film it. And that was it.
im not saying they do or dont require it, but yeah. it was a really well done video overall though.

Does CJA charge extra for the Crossfit? Like is it an extra expense for the parents?
No they did not pay extra for the cross fit training session. We had our team camps this past week, all of our senior teams participated in either a Crossfit or SoulCycle training. Unfortunately we were unable to film on location at SoulCycle or there would be clips of that as well. But you can check out pictures on our Facebook!

No they did not pay extra for the cross fit training session. We had our team camps this past week, all of our senior teams participated in either a Crossfit or SoulCycle training. Unfortunately we were unable to film on location at SoulCycle or there would be clips of that as well. But you can check out pictures on our Facebook!

Thanks for answering. So it was kind of like a team bonding thing? Sounds like a fun and creative alternative to your typical pool party.

Back