All-Star Off Season And Conditioning

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 9, 2016
Hi,

Our season stops July 4th and while we are going to stuntfest 15-17th of july, and probably practice a few times outside (I live 2 hours away and don't have a car,so prob won't be attending), it's likely that outside of stunt fest, I won't be having practice for about 6-7 weeks.

I've grown into being able to handle the conditioning during the season,and don't wish to start all over again due to the holidays
What do you guys recommend as far as conditioning goes ?
Do you make your own schedules/plans or do your coaches make a schedule with conditioning exc. available to you ?

Interested to see how others deal with this!

Cp goes to a cheer conditioning class year round which meets once a week. On her own she will run, do an abs work out, or a PiYo DVD (a cardio pilates yoga program).

Hi,

Our season stops July 4th and while we are going to stuntfest 15-17th of july, and probably practice a few times outside (I live 2 hours away and don't have a car,so prob won't be attending), it's likely that outside of stunt fest, I won't be having practice for about 6-7 weeks.

I've grown into being able to handle the conditioning during the season,and don't wish to start all over again due to the holidays
What do you guys recommend as far as conditioning goes ?
Do you make your own schedules/plans or do your coaches make a schedule with conditioning exc. available to you ?

Interested to see how others deal with this!
We sent our kids home with a 5-4-3-2-1 workout they are to do daily outside the gym. Week one we gave them 2 rest days. Week 2 they got one rest day. Week 3 they do the workout twice (two cycles at once or twice a day). Week 4 they do the workout 3 times. At 3 times, the workout will last 45minutes.

The secret to conditioning is to do it year round. I'm not even on a team, (I work at a gym) and I tumble 3 times a week, run twice a week, and I'm in a gym (weight gym) five times a week, I also utilize any classes I can (flex, jump, tumble, stunt).

It's very important that you have a plan when it comes to conditioning, you can't just wing it. I keep a log for everything except the tumbling.

Back