All-Star Open Level 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 22, 2014
hello all, just trying to figure out if the open level 4 will be a competitive level this coming season (2016-2017)? And if so would it be at the summit? Worlds?

hello all, just trying to figure out if the open level 4 will be a competitive level this coming season (2016-2017)? And if so would it be at the summit? Worlds?
It has been a competitive division for I believe 2 seasons now. I can't answer as to whether or not it will be at the Summit, but I'm pretty certain it will never be at Worlds.

I think there will be a time where it's competitive, but now isn't that time. If Worlds can have Open divisions, I don't see why Summit can't eventually have them. There just aren't enough teams. Which is a shame because if you age out on Senior 1-4, you're pretty much done now.

I think there will be a time where it's competitive, but now isn't that time. If Worlds can have Open divisions, I don't see why Summit can't eventually have them. There just aren't enough teams. Which is a shame because if you age out on Senior 1-4, you're pretty much done now.
I would love to see non-level 5 international teams at summit! But another thing to think about is that as of right now, summit has very young children through 18 year olds. Worlds only starts at 12 years old. My coach brought up that Worlds security is being bumped up due to the international 21+ athletes, with being legal to drink and all, especially when it comes to the block party. Might not want to have that around young kids.

well you gotta think about it, (with the drinking thing) there's six open divisions at worlds that could have 21+ athletes. that's almost 500+ alone.
i doubt Open 4 would have that many since it's literally two divisions (or one if they don't split all girl and coed)
but i definitely understand where you're coming from.

well you gotta think about it, (with the drinking thing) there's six open divisions at worlds that could have 21+ athletes. that's almost 500+ alone.
i doubt Open 4 would have that many since it's literally two divisions (or one if they don't split all girl and coed)
but i definitely understand where you're coming from.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe open 4 teams are more common outside of the U.S. That division at Summit or Worlds could bring a large pool of open 4 teams that we don't ever see at U.S. competitions.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe open 4 teams are more common outside of the U.S. That division at Summit or Worlds could bring a large pool of open 4 teams that we don't ever see at U.S. competitions.
Yes, there are a lot of open 4 in Australia, even open 1, 2 and 3 are pretty popular. Because lots of us only start cheer at 14 or 15 so we haven't got as many skills by the time we are 18.

Latest posts

Back