All-Star Prep Team Practice

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 21, 2015
Ithere a limit of time that a prep team can practice per week? I've searched the rules but can't seem to find anything. I was told prep teams could practice no more than 1.5 hours per week...is this correct information?

No, not unless something has changed recently.
Edit: Per USASF website, these are the only non-leveled restrictions:
ALL STAR PREP RULES & GUIDELINES
Routine time limit:
Routines may not exceed 2:00 minutes​
Level/Safety Rule Differences from Traditional All Star:
No Tosses permitted in all-star prep​
Events where the All Star Prep Divisions may be offered:
Divisions can be offered at both 1 and 2 day events. HOWEVER, if offered at 2-day events, prep divisions will perform ONE TIME ONLY.​

We are level 1 tiny prep. Pratice 2 times week 1 hour each time.
Youth 2 weekly. 1.5 hours
Juniors 2 weekly. 2 hours

J2 - 2 hours a week plus 1 hour of tumbling in our program. Season starts in September with competitions beginning in January. They do one competition a month from January - April. Rural area so 'local' competitions are still 2 hours away.

No restrictions on gym time... The division was built on the honor system. Hoping programs would use the prep division as it was intended; As an entry level, minimal practice time, low cost alternative to All-Star. Some gyms have full season prep teams, some have mid-season prep teams. Until the powers that be feel that the division is being abused, it is what it is.

When CP first joined the sport I heard time limits and amount of time a team could be together were part of the requirements to be a Prep team but never found any solid regulation to back up either claim.

When CP first joined the sport I heard time limits and amount of time a team could be together were part of the requirements to be a Prep team but never found any solid regulation to back up either claim.

I'm sure I've read this too! That they can only practice once a week was one thing I seem to remember. But I can't find anything online now saying that so either I dreamt it or it was old rules.

No, it wasn't a requirement just a suggestion.

I've asked about extra practice, looked at me like I had poop smeared on my face. Meanwhile we got daydreamers. Not sure who's routine they are doing but it's not ours
Our gym doesn't see prep as anything other then just another team. Our uniforms are cheaper. Less pratice. But we pay full compatition prices even though we only showcase.

I'm curious, why do you stay?

*The day Susie was not full of sunshine.*

Just found out about it. Seems other moms found at same time.
Playing the lets see game. Season only has 2 more competitions :(

I've asked about extra practice, looked at me like I had poop smeared on my face. Meanwhile we got daydreamers. Not sure who's routine they are doing but it's not ours
Our gym doesn't see prep as anything other then just another team. Our uniforms are cheaper. Less pratice. But we pay full compatition prices even though we only showcase.
That is because the EPs often charge the same for exhibition teams as they do their rec teams/prep teams/all star teams.

And if they are a prep team, why are they not competing in the prep division?
We have a show team that only exhibitions (and yes they pay for their uniform, makeup, bow and competition fee), but our prep team competes prep division.

I've looked at the compatition websites. They list all division separate.
Jamfest is the weirdest. It will say...
Allstar $59
Rec/school $49
Expo 75% off listed price.

When I look at the schedule for comp, sometimes we are prep(and we do pay full fees,and I expect that)
But sometimes we only showcase. Our owner will refund the difference. But only if you ask her. Seems little unethical to me. We pay all the fees the older kids do.. Example uniform, bows, coach fees, choreography fees.

Perhaps a different gym next season?

Back