All-Star Prep Team Practice

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm confused why aren't prep teams allowed to toss?
Safety was one part of it, but also timing. You kind of have to take out one part of the routine equation to make it work in 2:00 instead of 2:30. Notably, not related to rules but to score sheets, prep teams also do not have a stunt quantity section on the score sheet, and they can only max out at the mid range for all of the difficulty sections. That helps to narrow down what you need to include in a prep routine, compared to full all star.

I've looked at the compatition websites. They list all division separate.
Jamfest is the weirdest. It will say...
Allstar $59
Rec/school $49
Expo 75% off listed price.

When I look at the schedule for comp, sometimes we are prep(and we do pay full fees,and I expect that)
But sometimes we only showcase. Our owner will refund the difference. But only if you ask her. Seems little unethical to me. We pay all the fees the older kids do.. Example uniform, bows, coach fees, choreography fees.
If you're getting a routine to music and performing and competing, then you should be paying the same as the other kids. My show team pays the same fees as the competition team, but on a smaller scale. If you're not happy where you are and think your owner is being shady, season is almost over and you can go somewhere else.

Last edited:
Probably because prep teams are newer and don't have enough practice, so it's probably for safety. Also they might go out of a school hall and not a gym if they aren't affiliated with anyone.
The division is All Star Prep, so they should be affiliated with an All Star gym. It is interesting that rec teams who may or may not have mats or equipment to practice on can throw tosses, though.

If it were only the case. If each team member was charged 20% . And it was cross the board would be different. This case some teams pay exact amounts that the cheer program charges. This gym owner charges showcase full price, then refunds if u catch it? Yes we all pay same fees for choragraphy, gym fees, bows etc.
Eta.. Already lookin for new gym

Not to play devil's advocate, but I would never think to question our owner about competition fees regardless of what the website may list. In my experience, our exhibition teams have always been charged the same price as competitors; not to mention you're paying the comp fee AND the coaches fee which always equals more than the price listed. CP did half-season last year and the comp, as an exhibition Tiny team, cost $135. It didn't matter whether they competed or not, the EP charged the same across the board.

I'm glad you're looking for a new program though since the one you're at clearly doesn't make you very happy.

If it were only the case. If each team member was charged 20% . And it was cross the board would be different. This case some teams pay exact amounts that the cheer program charges. This gym owner charges showcase full price, then refunds if u catch it? Yes we all pay same fees for choragraphy, gym fees, bows etc.
Eta.. Already lookin for new gym
I hope you find a good fit!

Not to play devil's advocate, but I would never think to question our owner about competition fees regardless of what the website may list. In my experience, our exhibition teams have always been charged the same price as competitors; not to mention you're paying the comp fee AND the coaches fee which always equals more than the price listed. CP did half-season last year and the comp, as an exhibition Tiny team, cost $135. It didn't matter whether they competed or not, the EP charged the same across the board.

I'm glad you're looking for a new program though since the one you're at clearly doesn't make you very happy.
Thank you for saying it more eloquently than I could. If she is feeling this over a exhibition team, I can't imagine how she'll feel when she sees the fees for traditional all star!

The prep teams at my gym are half season only.. They start in January and run through May. They practice 4.5 hours a week (1 weekday and 1 weekend practice).

Back