All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't know, but our small gym always did / still does punch front (stick) , no forward roll.

Our gym preferred a punch front stick, over the forward roll. Either works in level 3 and we did both but punch front stick is more difficult, the forward roll allows people who can't land punch fronts to still do them!

It's hard to see in the video but several just did front walkover throughs, two separate groupings did Ariel through to tucks , then a group of punch front forward roll front walkover throughs, and the second to last pass, and last pass did stick and stand through to tuck

(My kid is last pass- it's hard to see since she is on the opposite side of the camera
)

I went and watched our other 3's and they have more punch front forward roll through to tucks but they generally never put that as last pass, it's always the stick and stand ones!!

And we generally always scored very high, our senior 3 and youth 3 (the one in the video) both won NCA, and neither had their best performances there :/ but still scored well in difficulty overall and in tumbling. Our j3 was great and got 2nd!

I think a mix of them is fine if someone can't stick and stand and you will still do well with them having some front tumbling over none but generally stick and stand is harder for most then doing it with a forward roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
How long should it take to get a response about a refund from a previous Cheer gym? I realize I may be very disappointed in the response, but still expect a reply. I wonder if other customers in similar situation are getting replies.

You want a what? Bahahahaha

**Does size matter for a base?**

Our gym preferred a punch front stick, over the forward roll. Either works in level 3 and we did both but punch front stick is more difficult, the forward roll allows people who can't land punch fronts to still do them!

It's hard to see in the video but several just did front walkover throughs, two separate groupings did Ariel through to tucks , then a group of punch front forward roll front walkover throughs, and the second to last pass, and last pass did stick and stand through to tuck

(My kid is last pass- it's hard to see since she is on the opposite side of the camera
)

I went and watched our other 3's and they have more punch front forward roll through to tucks but they generally never put that as last pass, it's always the stick and stand ones!!

And we generally always scored very high, our senior 3 and youth 3 (the one in the video) both won NCA, and neither had their best performances there :/ but still scored well in difficulty overall and in tumbling. Our j3 was great and got 2nd!

I think a mix of them is fine if someone can't stick and stand and you will still do well with them having some front tumbling over none but generally stick and stand is harder for most then doing it with a forward roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In order to keep tumbling *after the punch front* in level 3 you have to add the forward roll (according to my cp).

*Edits between asterisks*

In order to keep tumbling *after the punch front* in level 3 you have to add the forward roll (according to my cp).

*Edits between asterisks*
Yes, I believe it is the difference between a continuous running pass or not. I remember when that rule changed and suddenly everyone was breaking out forward rolls after punch fronts.

For my old gym it was either punch front forward roll or punch front take 2 steps then round off.
The steps make it non-continuous.
In terms of stick vs roll for scoring- I think they're scored ultimately the same. Sticks are harder though (require more control & mastery of skill)

Thanks all for the punch front knowledge! CP's pass is punch front, stick and stop, RO-BHS step out, RO-BHS-Tuck (if I remember that correctly!). I wasn't sure how that rated in terms of level 3. For some reason, our gym doesn't teach or compete aerials.

ETA: I don't think that would fit after watching the Stars Vipers videos...? I'm probably wrong on what the pass actually is.

Last edited:
Level 3 can do punch front take 2 steps then round off , finish pass.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the punch front knowledge! CP's pass is punch front, stick and stop, RO-BHS step out, RO-BHS-Tuck (if I remember that correctly!). I wasn't sure how that rated in terms of level 3. For some reason, our gym doesn't teach or compete aerials.

ETA: I don't think that would fit after watching the Stars Vipers videos...? I'm probably wrong on what the pass actually is.

I think it would fit last year my daughter did FWO ro BHS step out ro BHS tuck. She had to start tumbling before center to get it to fit! She almost always landed on the line!!

One competition she said she realized she had tumbled to far and didn't have enough room for a ro BHS tuck, just a ro tuck.
She didn't want to get her coach mad at her so she still did her pass and she did the shortest most under cut BHS and tucked nearly in the same spot! Thankfully she opens her eyes when tumbling! I don't think anyone thought it would fit when you saw her doing her round off!

Back