All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is it only for Summit that Varsity has the athlete can only cross one level up/down rule or is it a USASF rule now?

Hey maybe you guys can help me out. I'm going to the Bay Area (San Fransisco) and I was wondering what I can do cheer wise & non cheer wise lol what attractions and great restaurants are there to visit? I wanna visit Cali All stars but it's 1.5 hours away from the friend's house I'll be staying at (I'm very upset).

Hey maybe you guys can help me out. I'm going to the Bay Area (San Fransisco) and I was wondering what I can do cheer wise & non cheer wise lol what attractions and great restaurants are there to visit? I wanna visit Cali All stars but it's 1.5 hours away from the friend's house I'll be staying at (I'm very upset).

Call asap and see if you can get a tour of Alcatraz. You can take a ferry around the bay and learn about SF. There are bikes for rent, and riding across the Golden Gate is fun.

Yes to biking across the GG Bridge. Check the days, cos depending on the day dictates which side of the bridge you are on. The north (I think) side gives you unblocked views of the city. There is a little town on the other side which is nice for like much and shopping -Sausilito. You can catch the ferry back to SF from there too with your bike

Do Alcatraz. It's pretty cool. There is a lot to see in GG park, so if you're walking, be prepared to walk. There is a trolley through it, but it seems to appear randomly despite a schedule. Ride a cable car and the trolley car. They are 2 different things.

Walk down Lombard Street. It's the super curvy to be. You can in fact walk from there to Coit tower for more good views from the city. The tower is at the top of Telegraph Hill, which sometimes has parrots. Lots of steps, so it's nice to go down unless you want some conditioning.

Union square has lots of shopping and restaurants. Also check out the Exploratorium. We missed it cos it was closed the day we planned to go, but I've heard amazing things about it. They also do adult nights on Thursdays, I believe, but check their website. How old are you, if you don't make no me asking? We also did some age dependent thing which were a lot of fun.

Finally, if you're looking for a day trip, Napa valley is super close, and there are a lot of wine tours you can do too (again, age dependent, and you need a car). Look too into pro sports games if you're into that. And use Yelp/tripadvisor for restaurants and snack places cos there are tons of amazing places to eat there. We spent 4 full days in SF and I still feel like we missed things.

visit fishermans warf. lots of seafood. if your tempted to eat at the floating forbes restaurant, it's going to set you back $85 per person. pier 39 has the most action, and you can see alcatraz at the end of the pier. also at the warf, at pier 45, are two navy museums, uss pampanito and ss jeremiah o'brien. the full house house is at 1709 broderick street, if youre a fan of the show.

Best Clam Chowder Bread Bowls In SF

also, chinatown.

Chinatown San Francisco - The largest chinatown outside of Asia

Last edited:
Kinda going off of what @WinstonsGirl suggested... Biking (or walking) is definitely a cool thing to do, but just be prepared because fog is a big thing in San Francisco (it has it's own twitter, KarltheFog) so you might just see a whole lot of greyness. But if there is no fog and you are on the eastern side of the bridge (the walking side) you get a pretty great view of the entire bay area.

Alcatraz is cool, but definitely reserve tickets online. I love Golden Gate Park, especially the Academy of Sciences which is always super cool - they have a big dome filled with tropical birds and huge butterflies - one landed on my mom once. But there's also the DeYoung Museum, the Japanese Tea Gardens, the Botanical Gardens and more.

Fishermans Wharf/Pier 39/Ghirardelli Square are all pretty touristy, crowded places but you can definitely get seafood there. Between Fishermans Wharf and Pier 39 is where a lot the ferry tours and riding tours leave. The Ferry's will take you through the bay, by angel island, under the bridge, sometimes around alcatraz, etc. (Note though, these are the touring ferry's not the actual ferry's that will take you to Sausalito/Larkspur/East Bay/etc, those leave from the Ferry Building much further south along the embarcadero near the Bay Bridge.) The Riding tours can be either double decker buses or a trolley or even a fire truck that will drive you around the city and some go across the GG Bridge. You can catch "the" cable car from Ghirardelli square or Union Square but the line is always super long. Union square definitely has shopping, but 90% is high end, like Chanel, Louboutin, Prada, etc. Though there is a pretty big Macy's with a Cheesecake Factory on the top floor (always busy) and I think Nike and Levi's stores. If you go further south onto Market Street, theres some cheaper shopping and a pretty big mall.

I haven't been to the Exploratoreum since it moved locations to along the Embarcadero, but it is a cool place. Beach Blanket Babylon is also a very San Francisco thing to do, but a lot of their showings are 21+. I think Baseball is the only sport playing right now, so if you have any interest in going to a Giants game just pm me and I can tell you just about anything as if my photo wasn't any indication. But, we do have a lot of sports teams and a lot of stadiums that offer tours, so that might be an interesting thing to do, especially since Levi's stadium is only a year or two old. If you want to take a day trip to wine country, I prefer Sonoma county over Napa county, but I'm also from Sonoma county so I'm biased... But you also have to be really into wine because there really isn't much else to do up there besides drink wine.

Now in regards to cheer, northern California in general doesn't have a huge cheer presence. As you know, there is California All Stars in Livermore, but I know there's also NorCal Elite in the South Bay (there are also a few people from the gym on the boards) and PCM just acquired a location in South San Francisco. And that's pretty much all there is in terms of big name gyms in the bay area.

Sorry for the massive block of text. But my last piece of advice - always bring a jacket! No matter where you're staying, between fog and being on the coast, it can get kinda chilly really fast! Like where I currently live, it can be in the 90's during the day but drop into the 50's once the sun goes down. But especially if you're in San Francisco theres fog and it's windy, so be prepared! As Mark Twain never said but is often attributed to saying, "the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco!"

hey guys I didn't know where to post this or how to start a new thread so here goes. I am terrified of tumbling into or onto anything. A foam pit, resi pit onto mats anything that requires me running towards and going on top of or in to scares me to death. Ive been working on my layout and the drills they are having me do involves going into a resi pit so I end up just standing the whole time too scared to tumble. Anyone have any tips on how to get over this fear or drills I can do that don't involve me tumbling into or onto anything? I have enough height so thats not an issue for me my main issue with the layout is since I have been doing a tuck for almost four years I am having a hard time getting my legs all the way straight. I know what shape I should be in in the air I just can't seem to get the habit of bending my legs out of my head.Sorry for the massive question and thanks in advance for any help.

Sent you a PM. @Ems was a huge help to me a couple of years ago when I went!

hey guys I didn't know where to post this or how to start a new thread so here goes. I am terrified of tumbling into or onto anything. A foam pit, resi pit onto mats anything that requires me running towards and going on top of or in to scares me to death. Ive been working on my layout and the drills they are having me do involves going into a resi pit so I end up just standing the whole time too scared to tumble. Anyone have any tips on how to get over this fear or drills I can do that don't involve me tumbling into or onto anything? I have enough height so thats not an issue for me my main issue with the layout is since I have been doing a tuck for almost four years I am having a hard time getting my legs all the way straight. I know what shape I should be in in the air I just can't seem to get the habit of bending my legs out of my head.Sorry for the massive question and thanks in advance for any help.

Try going really slow into the pit. Walk slowly, do a very slow roundoff, watch your feet as they hit the mat, and then rebound and land on your back in the pit. Hopefully that'll help you get used to the feeling of landing with your back to the edge and bounding backwards.

As for drills, we tend to turn to our expert @tumbleyoda

Do lots of hollow body drills on the ground. Seems to be since you keep bending your legs, your core isnt strong enough. These drills will also help your body remember the position

Back