All-Star Recommendations for at home practice for a five-year-old.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 24, 2023
My daughter, who is turning five this month was previously in gymnastics and has now been in a tumbling class for her age group at a local All-Star gym the past year. She really enjoys her class and wants to practice at home. We already have a trampoline, I am looking for recommendations for a tumbling mat or any other suggestions. The skills she’s working on her class are front rolls, back rolls, handstands, cartwheels, bridges, and back walkovers. Thank you!

i recommend getting an inflatable mat. these are great for tumbling and can really help develop skills as she gets older and into a higher level. they are also good for all levels because you can technically throw a full on there (If you had that skill), but you can also do something as simple as front rolls, back rolls, handstands, cartwheels, bridges, and back walkovers. also, i recommend getting her a simple panel mat for when she wants to feel more like she is at her studio/gym, because likely, they don't use inflatable mats because they take up lots of room if you get a commercial sized one.

i recommend getting an inflatable mat. these are great for tumbling and can really help develop skills as she gets older and into a higher level. they are also good for all levels because you can technically throw a full on there (If you had that skill), but you can also do something as simple as front rolls, back rolls, handstands, cartwheels, bridges, and back walkovers. also, i recommend getting her a simple panel mat for when she wants to feel more like she is at her studio/gym, because likely, they don't use inflatable mats because they take up lots of room if you get a commercial sized one.
Thank you! Do you have any brands you recommend for either or both ??

for the inflatable mat i recommend Air Track and for the panel mat any brand is good, just don't get a supercheap one because they can be bad quality if you don't read reviews.

My daughter, who is turning five this month was previously in gymnastics and has now been in a tumbling class for her age group at a local All-Star gym the past year. She really enjoys her class and wants to practice at home. We already have a trampoline, I am looking for recommendations for a tumbling mat or any other suggestions. The skills she’s working on her class are front rolls, back rolls, handstands, cartwheels, bridges, and back walkovers. Thank you!
Cheer Coaching Success offers homework cards for skills up to Backwalkover. Each card is for a different skill and every skill has a video with examples of what the drills should look like when executed properly.

Back