All-Star Rules For Prep Divisions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 1, 2016
Can someone help me out with the rules for all star prep? I know the routine has to be 2min. And i know that practices are shorter and it costs less. But i havemt been able to find the answers to these other questions. Can you compete prep 2 yrs in a row? Do you have to have a different uniform?

Thanks

I can't find more than that either right now. But I'm sure I've heard or read before that the uniform must be different from the regular allstar program. Most prep teams have cheaper/plainer uniforms. You can be on prep several years in a row.

Here in GA prep seems to be not just for beginners, but also for school cheerleaders who have finished their season.

Or anyone who doesn't want the commitment/cost of regular allstar.

ETA: Found this, check first page.

http://cheerpower.varsity.com/CALENDAR 15-16/Guidelines/Cheer Team Rule Book.pdf

The only absolute rules for Prep are a 2 minute routine, and they can't cross to and can't have crossovers from traditional all star teams at the same competition.

Cost, practice time, uniform are suggestions but not rules.

The only absolute rules for Prep are a 2 minute routine, and they can't cross to and can't have crossovers from traditional all star teams at the same competition.

Thank u!!

I can't find more than that either right now. But I'm sure I've heard or read before that the uniform must be different from the regular allstar program. Most prep teams have cheaper/plainer uniforms. You can be on prep several years in a row.

Here in GA prep seems to be not just for beginners, but also for school cheerleaders who have finished their season.

http://cheerpower.varsity.com/CALENDAR 15-16/Guidelines/Cheer Team Rule Book.pdf
Thank u!!

I thought no baskets was another Prep only rule?

That's because that is all there is. Routine is 2 minutes. No baskets. The rest follow USASF level rules. Athletes may not crossover from an All Star team to the Prep team at the same competition. Make sure you look at the Varsity score sheet though as scores are capped at mid range and jumps at 4.8

Back