All-Star Sports Bras Vs. T-shirts For Practice

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

sports bras only or t-shirt?

• Total voters
Apr 13, 2011
I know that in the " Rays Rumors Questions" thread there's been a lot of talk back and forth about whether or not you think it's a good/bad idea to wear only sports bras at practice so I figured instead of everyone hijacking that thread to talk about it we can bring it over here and have a little more room to discuss :)

IMO I think that if everyone on your team is comfortable enough to wear only sports bras at practice and they like it better than by all means, go for it. The only difference between a sports bra and a crop top uniform is that the uniform has sleeves. I guess it's all personal preference. And as far as male coaches being around the girls during practice while in uniforms, I'd like to think that no owner would just let random men coach. They would all have been through a thorough background check and all would act professionally.

i agree with what you said about the male coaches, definitely. i wear sports bras to practice, only when it is really hot!

If your not getting your sweat on other people, and your comfortable, by all means go for it! I get hot easily and I really don't get spotted in tumbling (I just have the coach watch and get told what to improve) so I always wear sports bras in the summer months, as do many other girls. It feels good not to have your shirt sticking to your body.

Also when you tumble you get a nice breeze! :p

to me personally i would rather wear a sports bra- it just seems easier to me when tumbling/stunting but i know not everyone feels the same way so i think its good to have the option (some gyms enforce a tshirt and some you have to just wear a sports bra to practice). for example i like when teams for their practice uniform have a tank top or a sports bra.

I loooove wearing sports bras to practice! Tshirts just get in the way sometimes, and even when it's cold and I'm shivering at practice (haha my gym gets cooolllld in the winter) I'm tempted to just rip it off and be freeee ;)

I saw a rumor on a shooting star's formspring that they're not allowed to wear a shirt to practice.. anybody else hear anything about this?

I feel it should be up to you, if your not comfortable wearing a sports bra then you shouldn't have to.
Also those who do shouldn't be looked at any differently. Like most uniforms are cropped so what's the difference?

If you don't trust your coaches enough to not be around your athlete like that then why be at that gym?

My daughter wears a sports bra to practice more then shirts. She usually has her shirt with her but would rather not have it on. It is way to hot sometimes.

Btw, my daughter is 6 and it is no different then her 2 piece bathing suit. I think it makes her more aware and she will learn to love her body because she is comfortable in her own skin.

I loooove wearing sports bras to practice! Tshirts just get in the way sometimes, and even when it's cold and I'm shivering at practice (haha my gym gets cooolllld in the winter) I'm tempted to just rip it off and be freeee ;)

I saw a rumor on a shooting star's formspring that they're not allowed to wear a shirt to practice.. anybody else hear anything about this?
yeah i saw this too

Btw, my daughter is 6 and it is no different then her 2 piece bathing suit. I think it makes her more aware and she will learn to love her body because she is comfortable in her own skin.
see this is where i was trying to get at. i was curious if it worked that if they see other girls comfortable with there body they would be too,
or if it had the oppisite affect and it made some in the future uncomfortable and if they where questioning why they arent as developed!

when we receive the practice wear (two sets of sports bras/spanks) we are required to wear them until the winter.
the first couple times some people are self conscious and try to cover their stomach, but everyone else really assures them that they dont need to do that. people learn that they can definitely be comfortable in their own skin! it also makes it easier when the first competition comes around and theyre not self conscious in their uniforms!
i personally LOVE sports bras, it feels too restricting and hot in tshirts, and i hateee the feeling that my tshirt is sticking to me from sweat! blechh

The line I set for my girls was this....they are flyers and when they were on teams that didnt twist down...they had to wear shirts because one day I saw my daughters backsport wiping her arms off everytiome she caughts my daughter because of underarm sweat (poor thing) I was horrified so my daughter had to wear shirts on days she would fly and could wear sports bras on tumble days...now that she is on level five and doubles down and is caught in a different way...she can wear what the coaches approve and what she is comfortable with...and my baby has followed the same rule now that she is on a five as well.....:)

Back