Standing Bhs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 18, 2012
so, i finally threw my standing bhs on the rod floor on monday. i just wanted to know how similar the rod floor and the spring floor are. like should i just go for it? tryouts for high school start on monday for me and i'll be at open gym this weekend so i just need advice. like i know i have it. i just wanna know if the spring floor feels the same as the rod. urmmm. thanks lol:oops:

For me its not hard to transition from the rod to the floor. The rod floor is a little bouncier but there isn't a huge difference. You should be fine :)

For me its not hard to transition from the rod to the floor. The rod floor is a little bouncier but there isn't a huge difference. You should be fine :)

i mean standing is all me and about me jumping hard enough right? but thanks!

Just jump really hard and make sure your arms are straight, I didnt have a lot of trouble transferring my handspring from rod floor to spring, so you should be fine :)

Rod to spring for my cp was no trouble at all. She actually prefers the spring for standing BHS.

for standing tumbling theres is really no difference between and solid surface (ie a floor, not trampoline) You're not using the floor to jump or initiate the tumbling, your using your legs so really if you can do it standing on the rob floor you should be abl to do it outside on the grass or in a store on tile. Really, the only difference in the impact on your hands/wrists. Good technique is key.

Back