All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@TheVipersMom It's a good thing we are friends, because if we weren't I would be salty over the fact that all 8 of your Summit eligible teams all ready have D1 bids, while I think (don't quote me) only one WA State team has a D1 Summit bid. One. Team. In the whole state. Your teams are awesome and they 100% deserve those bids, but it seems a wee but unfair that we can't even buy a bid in the NW. I wish the out of state teams that like to come up here to earn bids would head to Texas, because there seems to be more opportunities there! Maybe we should head to Texas....lol [emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Y'all should come to Texas!! That is so unfortunate that they don't have the bid opportunities up there that we do here.

I will say that, this competition was small last year (the one from this weekend) but it was huge this year! I mean my daughter small y3 had 9 teams in the small y3 division alone. And yes they were separated from large y3!! And woodlands only brought one of their 3 small y3's so it wasn't like it was all their teams!

This year we had elite cheer Michigan, some Allstar legacy team from upper Marlboro Maryland, teams from GA! And they all brought multiple teams and NOT 1 of them got a bid. Every team that received a bid was from the state of TX!
I feel bad.. I think they came all the way almost to south Texas (San Antonio) for the chance at bids. Hopefully they still have bid opportunities where they are from.

However I'm not opposed to y'all coming here for bids! I live within 5 mins of the Alamodome, I'll even let you stay for free to save you on a hotel![emoji4]

@MOPSMommy1 there are at least 3. 2 of them were deferred from sea 2 sky last year (NV and NWSS) and then Crystals this year ;) the deferred bids mess us up lol

Y'all should come to Texas!! That is so unfortunate that they don't have the bid opportunities up there that we do here.

I will say that, this competition was small last year (the one from this weekend) but it was huge this year! I mean my daughter small y3 had 9 teams in the small y3 division alone. And yes they were separated from large y3!! And woodlands only brought one of their 3 small y3's so it wasn't like it was all their teams!

This year we had elite cheer Michigan, some Allstar legacy team from upper Marlboro Maryland, teams from GA! And they all brought multiple teams and NOT 1 of them got a bid. Every team that received a bid was from the state of TX!
I feel bad.. I think they came all the way almost to south Texas (San Antonio) for the chance at bids. Hopefully they still have bid opportunities where they are from.

However I'm not opposed to y'all coming here for bids! I live within 5 mins of the Alamodome, I'll even let you stay for free to save you on a hotel![emoji4]

Yea Woodlands only brought two of the five gyms to San Antonio, the Katy and Humble locations.
Other WE locations competed at a comp in Houston.
One girl double teams on the J5 in Oak Ridge and the Restricted 5 in Katy; she drove back and forth all weekend to San Antonio and Houston so she could compete both days at both events.

Last edited:
This might be a dumb question, but each winner of a division at Summit receives a ring, right? Do they also receive jackets? Just curious......

Yea Woodlands only brought two of the five gyms to San Antonio, the Katy and Humble locations.
Other WE locations competed at a comp in Houston.
One girl double teams on the J5 in Oak Ridge and the Restricted 5 in Katy; she drove back and forth all weekend to San Antonio and Houston so she could compete both days at both events.
The restricted 5 was amazing!!!![emoji7][emoji7] I saw those scores and they were so close! Congrats on all those bids for those 2 locations!! They really brought it this weekend!

I agree. While it's the same age/level it seems almost equivalent to dropping a level for an easier NCA jacket. There are some phenomenal D2 gyms, but I am sure they [the teams changing to D2 after the can clearly hang in D1 and receive a bid to D1 Summit] see this as an easier win.

Tagging @ASCheerMan because maybe this is something NCA can make a rule about for next season. (I know he's super busy currently, but in case he sees this ;))
Keep in mind that there technically isn't a D1 Summit. There is a Summit (for all programs) and D2 Summit (for D2 divisions only). Teams always have the option of bypassing a D2 division or a D2 competition and competing with ALL of the other programs. You are always allowed to 'compete up.' Hope that makes sense.

Keep in mind that there technically isn't a D1 Summit. There is a Summit (for all programs) and D2 Summit (for D2 divisions only). Teams always have the option of bypassing a D2 division or a D2 competition and competing with ALL of the other programs. You are always allowed to 'compete up.' Hope that makes sense.
That makes sense.

Clarification please: Is a comp dividing gyms into small gym categories completely separate from who is going after D2 bids? For instance, I own a little gym. I'm going to a comp with multiple small & large gyms in my team's division & level. We have chosen to decline D2 bids and try to earn a regular bid. Will I still compete in the small gym div for my team's level even though I'm going for a regular bid?

Edited to say: I don't own a gym. It's just a hypothetical question.

Last edited:
Yes, but she will only take them if they earn a paid bid. If they don't, then they won't go.
I understand this because this use to be our gyms policy BUT they are absolutely amazing!! If she was to consider it for them I don't think it would be a bad idea! They were awesome!

Back