OT Tattoos & piercings

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
hahha noo
she got a special belly ring FOR her pregnant belly so it would'nt close up
http://www.pregnancypiercings.com/
ive also wondered what the piercing looked like after the baby though..
I don't know (google's not popping up many pictures, a few with scar-looking tissue), but I've suddenly decided I don't like the look of belly button rings on a pregnant stomach. Something about it just kinda weirds me out..but hey, if that's your thing. Just don't show me. :confused:

I have two in each ear lobe, my cartilage in one ear, my nose, & my belly button! but i've taken a lot out. over the years i've had:
one more in each ear lobe, but i took them out and got it redone and still have the one i redid
center of my cartilage on the other side
my nose (had to get it redone)
my tongue (had it done two different times)

i wanna get a third in each ear lobe though! i should do that soon :) & no tattoos for me! maybe one day though!

My Daughters is on her left foot. I made it my avatar so you can see it. 8 years ago when she was on Starlites she started to drew a star and the word believe on her shoe. They then went on a tear that ended with her wining worlds 3 years in a row as a Shooting Star. When she returned home from worlds she got it done. A large shooting star, with 3 little stars for each worlds win in the star dust with the word Believe.

I always wondered, in line of the 'be careful about your tattoos': piercings? When some of y'all apply for jobs, particularly with more than 2 earlobe piercings or facial piercings..won't that be a consideration? Will you take them out for work (nevermind there being 'obvious' holes), for those with belly button rings/dermal piercings near the stomach (for the ladies), what about kids?

My sister got her belly button pierced, but she doesn't want kids. I always was curious about people spending the money on things getting pierced, especially if they're going to have to take them out eventually. It's why lots of the acting kids in my dept skipped on nose piercings/lip rings/obvious tattoos etc. It limits what you will be casted for if you show up with one..and for tats you'd have to constantly cover them up.

I had a monroe piercing for years and have had it out for over a year and the hole is still there. When I went on job interviews they never questioned it on said anything about it at all and I heard back pretty quickly. I also have my nose pierced and left in the little stud. These jobs were government jobs so you would think they would be really picky. I think that some places may have a problem with piercings and tattoos and many others will look at your education and skill more then how many holes you have in your ears.

As for the stomach piercings I have a cousin who had her hips pierced for over a year (she was lucky they didn't reject which they usually do) and when she finally had to take them out for cross country they left scars. That is something I personally wouldn't want to do because they are noticable when she is in a swim suit or out running in a sports bra.

The thing about tattoos are unless you have a full sleeve, business attire would cover up most tattoos. Now if you are working for something that has more casual dress then it can be a little different. I have tattoos and one of them is on my wrist. I just wear bracelets on that wrist and it becomes less noticable.

People should be very smart about what they do to their bodies but from my personal experience tattoos and pierceings have no hurt my chance of getting a good job after college.

I want a belly button piercing but I can't decide if I should actually get it or not. How long do they take to close up? And has anyone had issues with their bellybutton piercing when they cheer?

I want a belly button piercing but I can't decide if I should actually get it or not. How long do they take to close up? And has anyone had issues with their bellybutton piercing when they cheer?

I got my first one in May or June 2007 I believe and I lost it in a training exercise in August and it close, got it again that September and had it until about February, March attempted to change the ring and scar tissue from the first instantly close it and then I got it again in July 2008 and the ring fell out December of last year and closed after a week. I was told a year to heal.

I got my first one in May or June 2007 I believe and I lost it in a training exercise in August and it close, got it again that September and had it until about February, March attempted to change the ring and scar tissue from the first instantly close it and then I got it again in July 2008 and the ring fell out December of last year and closed after a week. I was told a year to heal.
So it's kinda hard to get done with cheer? I want one but cheer is my main concern.

Bummer :( I still might see if I can get one and make it work but that kinda sounds like a drag.
Thanks for the help.

I had my belly button pierced last may right after worlds, and I didn't have a problem with practicing or anything. If your gym is going to make you take it out that is going to be a problem, but if you can keep it in I just put bandiads over it when I was stunting. I also kept my shirt on the entire practice so that there was a small barrier in between flyers and the piercing. It got hit a few times and it did hurt, but I didn't have a problem with it at all and come competition season I could take it out without worrying.

I witnessed a backspot get hers ripped out from a cradle in high school (nasty scar from it). If that was bad I could imagine how bad a double down or full down would be on one. I would at least get it done over the summer so it is somewhat healed when competition season starts.

Thanks for all the help. I'll definitely think about it before I get it done. That backspot story kinda scared me a bit. Haha

if i can get the money, im getting my nose pierced right after my last competition, ever. (Hersey!!) if not, i'll just wait until june once i start my job again. maybe my tragus too, or a rook. still debating whether or not to get my tongue pierced though. both my mom and dad had it done, and i just love love love piercings. im just not sure if i'll be able to endure the pain, or if i'll even look good with it. there should be program where you can do that. haha

Back