OT Tattoos & piercings

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I just got my belly button pierced today (I love it!!!) and I was wondering for those of you that have it, how long do you have to wait until you can swim? Without covering it up with a bandaid?

I just got my belly button pierced today (I love it!!!) and I was wondering for those of you that have it, how long do you have to wait until you can swim? Without covering it up with a bandaid?
i waited a month before swimming in pools thats what the place i got it done said but they said the ocean's salt water helped heal it so i was allowed to go swimming in the ocean right away! good luck with yours :)

How much did it hurt? And do you have a good or bad tolerance to pain? haha I reaaally wanna get mine done!

How much did it hurt? And do you have a good or bad tolerance to pain? haha I reaaally wanna get mine done!
just chiming in. :) i got mine done when i was a jr in high school. i'm normally kind of a baby when it comes to pain and i was totally fine getting my belly button pierced. it just felt like a really hard pinch when the needle went through & then it was over.

It didn't really hurt! And I dont have a good pain tolerance haha. It was more uncomfortable then painful. The clamp is the worst part and that's the only thing that was bad. It just feels like a lot of pressure and it's really annoying, but once it gets like too annoying that it starts hurting, the piercing is done. Also, since you have the clamp on you can't really feel the needle going thru to pierce it cause all you feel is the clamp. If you're scared of the pain don't be! Don't let that stop you getting it done because it's honestly not bad at all! And afterward it doesn't really hurt. It just feels sore when you bend.

I want a belly button piercing but I can't decide if I should actually get it or not. How long do they take to close up? And has anyone had issues with their bellybutton piercing when they cheer?

Girl, I am right with you! I have been wanting to get my belly button pierced for so long and I think time has finally come..I am taking my first entire year off of cheerleading since I was 5 (when I started cheer). haha I have to admit that I am a little nervous about the piercing itself! Everyone is different as far as closing goes..my advice for you would be to get it when you think you will have the biggest break from cheer..even if it's 2-3 days to allow the soreness to get better. I've put off getting my pierced because my friend actually had hers rip out while she was tumbling once and it left a huge scar :eek: I don't think that happens to everyone..just be responsible with it! Please let me know if you end up getting it! I am still unsure myself...

Girl, I am right with you! I have been wanting to get my belly button pierced for so long and I think time has finally come..I am taking my first entire year off of cheerleading since I was 5 (when I started cheer). haha I have to admit that I am a little nervous about the piercing itself! Everyone is different as far as closing goes..my advice for you would be to get it when you think you will have the biggest break from cheer..even if it's 2-3 days to allow the soreness to get better. I've put off getting my pierced because my friend actually had hers rip out while she was tumbling once and it left a huge scar :eek: I don't think that happens to everyone..just be responsible with it! Please let me know if you end up getting it! I am still unsure myself...
Wow that must be weird taking a year off after so long. I don't think I'd even be able to do that.
I've heard the piercing itself isn't bad. People have told me it hurts but not super bad and it's basically just like a pinch.
Thanks for the advice and I'll let you know if I do!

I have a belly button piercing that I've had for around ten years now (took it out for my first cheer practice in a looong time though and didn't put it back in. Might put it back in for the summer). I also have three piercings in my right ear and 2 in the left, but i rarely wear earrings. As for tattoos, I have one on my ankle and one on my upper back.

I'm covered in piercings and tattoos. I have my ankles and feet done, left wrist, whole left side, my left shoulder, my right thigh. Piercings I have tongue, belly, 4 in each ear and just a micro dermal by my eye.

I really want a tattoo on my wrist or by my hip but i think that would hurt more since it's on a bony part?

wrist tickle a little and your hip hurts but its not like a constant pain it comes and goes. Its def not the place that hurts the most though.

Back