All-Star Thank You Cheer Coach

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

MomMomMamaMom

Cheer Parent
Mar 30, 2012
So, the other day, my CP came home from practice with tears in her eyes. This happens. She is young and gets frustrated and sometimes get hurt. I try not to be too insensitive to her, which also happens sometimes.

But it wasn't anything bad. She was choked up because she'd had a moment where she knew in her heart of hearts that her coach had believed in her, and because of this she was able to perform a skill she had been blocked on.

It was an incredibly touching moment for me. Not only was she able to feel accomplished and proud and supported, but she was able to step out of her 12 year old angst and say "Mama, she believes in me."

It made me remember how important the coaches are in my CPS' lives, and how lucky I am, as a single parent especially, to have someone who cares about them be a part of who they are becoming.

All l I can say is that thanks are in order. It's a pretty incredible role to have someone play for your child!

as a coach my self.
i never really knew how much i got attached to my kids and how i effected my kids until the told me face to face how much ive helped them with their confidence and how much ive believed in them.
i sometimes get a little over protected with my kids as if they were my own child.

I never realized how what I was doing in coaching these girls was impacting them. I know that I've told my high school coach that she is the reason I coach now, and that without her, I don't know where I'd be. But I didn't think much of it.

Until this year, when a girl I used to coach told me that I'm the reason she now coaches, that the lessons I gave her went so far beyond cheerleading that she didn't know where she'd be without me. Thats when I realized fully why I do what I do. because for every child that thinks I'm 'mean', there's one who appreciates it all.

I think as coaches we sometimes forget how we're giving more than just cheerleading to these kids.

I'm so glad for your daughter MomMomMamaMom. Sounds like she has a wonderful coach!

This is awesome: I have many end of the year gifts that are very special to me but one that one of my kids gave me in the 90's I still have hanging on my wall that I read every day! Here is what it says:

Though doubts were running through our heads,
You told us to believe.

When Our Strengths were appearing weak,
You said we could achieve.

When we became familiar with the feeling of defeat,
Like soldiers in an army, you never said, "retreat".

Through Trials and tribulations,
We told you our needs,
And thanks to your dedication,
We've all reached victory.

When things weren't looking up for us,
National Champions you said we'd be.

And so our fate was up to God,
But your love helped us succeed.

~Small Coed UCA National Champions~

Makes me teary eyed every time I read it after more than 13 years I have had it hanging up!

Your coaches love you all even though we correct you, yell at you, etc... we al know that you can achieve more than you know! So keep working hard kids and remember one thing... Our heart will always be there for you!

~Billy

That is so very sweet and touching. I so wish that had been my daughter's experience with her coaches with her mental block but it wasnt so and we left. Her new coach is really working hard with her and it shows. I hope she can get over it because I know she wants to make him proud..

as a coach my self.
i never really knew how much i got attached to my kids and how i effected my kids until the told me face to face how much ive helped them with their confidence and how much ive believed in them.
i sometimes get a little over protected with my kids as if they were my own child.
I had one of the parents come up and thank me for helping his daughter be more confident and outgoing it was one of those warm fuzzy moments makes the stress worth it.

Tonight at tumbling I was getting extremely frustrated and annoyed with myself because I kept busting a simple tumbling skill with the spotter. I finally told him I was starting to get frustrated and asked to take a drink. After stepping off the mat my coach asked me if I was ok. I told her I was getting frustrated and she told me to remember that getting skills take time, not everything happens in one day. Something in what she said made me feel so much better.

This has actually happened to me before, but unfortunately in the middle of a lesson. We had a heart to heart and we both started crying. oh god. lol

This happened to me today at practice, actually. I've been trying super hard to get my tumbling back so I can move up levels so i can actually use all my flying skills. I've been getting super frustrated lately and my coach and another coach I didn't even know began telling me how much they believed I could do it and after a few tries I finally did my running back handspring after four years of not having it :) It may of only been on the air track, but I'm going to try my best in doing it tomorrow on the floor!

It is amazing how much people can relate to their coaches :) I trust my coach. More than ANYONE (Besides family of course :) ) And that says alot because I don't trust many people :oops: I want to say THANK YOU to my coach because without her, I wouldn't have the will, the confidence, and the determination I have today :)

Latest posts

Back