Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Jul 10, 2010
The Summit weekend is finally here!

A couple of links that could be useful:

Schedule for The D1 Summit - wildcards

Schedule for The D1 Summit - Saturday & Sunday

Schedule for The D2 Summit

The Summit Google doc (thanks @luv2cheer92 )
Please change the doc only if you know what you are doing. If you see things that need to be changed but you don't want to do it/don't know how to do it, just write a comment in this thread and someone will take care of it. If you need to filter/sort/highlight: please download your own copy of the doc and do it there. If you filter/sort/highlight it is done for everyone which makes adding information throughout the weekend extremely difficult!

There is a livestream available at varsity.tv (the service is provided by flocheer). You can get the livestream for either $29.99 for a one month subscription or a yearly subscription for $149.99). VOD should be available after the event (but will have no sound).
The following venues will be streamed:
  • D1: Friday - Streaming full routines in Hp Field House, J Center, Arena South and Wild Card Reveals in the Pavilion
  • D1: Saturday & Sunday - Streaming full routines in Hp Field House, J Center, Arena South, Arena South, Reveals in the Pavilion and Epcot World Showplace
  • D2: Saturday
    • Streaming full routines in East Hall, Central Hall and West Hall
    • Reveals in the Awards/Reveal Hall
    • D2: Sunday
    • Streaming full routines in East Hall, Central Hall and West Hall
    • Reveals in the Awards/Reveal Hall
Results D1 (will be updated as they become available)

Results D2
(will be updated as they become available)

The Summit video thread

The thread to talk about livestream struggles

Twitter - tagged #thesummit16

Twitter - tagged #thed2summit

Although I hope that we don't need moderating this weekend: if you see anything that needs the attention of the mods, it's easiest for us if you report the post.

And please remember:
Have a fun day, keep it classy, and respect the privacy of the athletes - especially of the minors - in this sport!

Last edited:
In one of our emails from Varsity it said: Starting at 12:30 PM on Sunday, May 1st, the HP Field House will be broadcast FREE for cable subscribers on ESPN3 featuring full routines along with commentary, interviews, special reports and live social media interaction.

BUT, I've only seen that written in one place and don't see it on the ESPN3 schedule anywhere.

In one of our emails from Varsity it said: Starting at 12:30 PM on Sunday, May 1st, the HP Field House will be broadcast FREE for cable subscribers on ESPN3 featuring full routines along with commentary, interviews, special reports and live social media interaction.

BUT, I've only seen that written in one place and don't see it on the ESPN3 schedule anywhere.

Interesting! I'm not buying the livestream, but I'll check it out on Sunday.

If possible can someone get a video of Tribe Braves?? I have the live stream but can't watch at work! They go at 2:15 in J Center.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

D1

Large Junior Restricted 5
1. FCA Tanzanites - Advanced to Finals
2. Cheer Extreme Lady Lillies - Advanced to Semis

Small Senior R5
1 Cheer Extreme Salem - Legacy - Advanced to Finals
2 Elite Heat All Stars - Spice Girls - Advanced to Semis

Large Senior R5
1 Cheer Athletics Charlotte - ReignCats - Advanced to Finals

Large Senior Coed R5
1 Pittsburgh Superstars - Divas and Dudes - Advanced to Finals

Small Senior 4.2
1 Intensity Athletics - Lady Lithium - Advanced to Finals
2 Elite Heat All Stars - Four Point Fierce - Advanced to Semis
3 Premier Athletics - Michigan Xtreme - X-Factor
4 Carolina Elite Stars - Super Sonic
5 Cheer Central Suns - Inferno
6 Universal Sonics - Obession
7 Legion of Allstars - Red Lightning
8 360 Athletics - Graphite

Ok, I don't really follow the Summit comp that much (and this may be a completely stupid/basic question), but can someone explain what a "wildcard" is.....as easily as possible.

Ok, I don't really follow the Summit comp that much (and this may be a completely stupid/basic question), but can someone explain what a "wildcard" is.....as easily as possible.
They compete in their own session first. First place advances to finals, second advances to semi-finals.

*edit for typos

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It's a bid that I guess you could say is lower than an at-large, or kinda similar to the at-large bids at worlds. You compete in the first round, against only the other wildcard teams in your division. The top team in the wildcard round in each division advances straight to finals. The second place team advances to semi-finals to compete against all the at-large and paid bid teams.

So happy to say that NorCal Elite Iris in the small youth 1 division HIT in the wildcard round :) They have 2 more teams to go today. One in small junior 2 and one in small senior 4. Hoping for hits.

So if you are the only one in your division in wildcard you get a free advance to finals?! So basically you got a test run of judges opinions, you skip the semi finals and avoid being cut and get to go after the 1st place team on final day that actually beat people to make it to finals?!

Got it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if you are the only one in your division in wildcard you get a free advance to finals?! So basically you got a test run of judges opinions, you skip the semi finals and avoid being cut and get to go after the 1st place team on final day that actually beat people to make it to finals?!

Got it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mean, they don't really know that this is going to happen until all the bids have been given out. At that point it's not really fair to change the rules for only the divisions with one team in them. I can see how it can seem frustrating for others though.

Back