All-Star The D1 & D2 Summit 2016 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

af72803a738ae7184418012cbf14dae9.jpg

Royal Cobras and YOSO Both team had issues today but both still managed to pull up to 3rd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

final cali placements:

1st glam, blackjacks, miss mafia, onyx, commanders, j-money, deuces, wild cards, couture
2nd bluettes, so fab, roulettes, white gold
3rd pink, youth elite, senior silver, platinum
4th junior black, pistols, s4, j2 crew, cadets
5th sable, clique, midnight
7th crystal, j-fab, fierce 4

I didn't name a specific gym that I recall. Blue and black could be any number of programs, dozens. And it wasn't just 'driving skills', it was cursing, middle fingers, blatant disregard of the WWOS staff, and almost running him over with her car (on purpose because he told her valet was full).

Owning my disagree here...calling out a gym here seemed a bit vindictive. Would you want some other parent's driving skills at your gym representing your whole program like that? I completely understand the frustration at the terrible, irresponsible driving--but "cheer mom" would have sufficed in this narrative. No intention to be dramatic and no dog in this fight. I just think it is something to be sensitive of.

The wildcard winner only goes last if they advanced directly to Sunday, CEA Raleigh youth 4 (winner in large youth) got 2nd Friday. Competed Saturday and won. So they went second Sunday. Not sure if that happened to any other wild card winners.

I didn't name a specific gym that I recall. Blue and black could be any number of programs, dozens. And it wasn't just 'driving skills', it was cursing, middle fingers, blatant disregard of the WWOS staff, and almost running him over with her car (on purpose because he told her valet was full).

That's truly awful behavior and I'm sorry you had to witness that. My original point still stands, calling out a specific gym (we all know which two gyms you were referring to) is unfair to all the families, staff, and athletes who don't represent that terrible behavior. I hope you would want the same respect shown for your gym as well. Either way, sorry for the derail on this thread!

Each year there is a smaller and smaller gap between these teams. Choreography is starting to look the same, music sounds the same. More and more gyms are getting with the program and leaving what I call 'Jamfest quality' routines behind.
IMO with most divisions at summit, a 6th place routine might as well have placed 1st and you wouldn't see the difference.

Last edited:

Hey! I was in a hurry! They were about to sell out of Wetzel Pretzels!

That's truly awful behavior and I'm sorry you had to witness that. My original point still stands, calling out a specific gym (we all know which two gyms you were referring to) is unfair to all the families, staff, and athletes who don't represent that terrible behavior. I hope you would want the same respect shown for your gym as well. Either way, sorry for the derail on this thread!

Actually, I'd love to hear which 'two gyms' you're referring to, if you'd like to DM me, I'd be happy to chat with you. It seems like you may be taking this a bit personally. Making broad statements like 'we all know' is quite the generalization when you consider the sheer number of teams that have those colors. It's absolutely not about the gym, which was why they were never named. I posted here in case the mom was on the board, to let her know ther were real people who had to experience her behavior this morning. Nothing more, nothing less.

People routinely post about Susie's moms and cheating teams and whatever else on this board that's very specific. I fail to see how me naming some colors is any different.

Last edited:
Each year there is smaller and smaller gap between these teams. Choreography is starting to look the same, music sounds the same. More and more gyms are getting with the program and leaving what I call 'Jamfest quality' routines behind.
IMO with most divisions at summit, a 6th place routine might as well placed 1st and you wouldn't see the difference.
I was just thinking the same thing! Thank you for putting it into words. These Summit divisions are so ultra-competitive that I can't even see one team being 'better' than another half the time.

Back