All-Star The Thread To Stop The Hijacking Of The Cea Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Coming from gymnastics I could never understand how if I was going to work with the cheer coaches to train a team to go after this goal, why we had to change their routine to appeal to an EP to give me a bid, to then have to rework the routine to fit what the score sheet called for at Worlds. It made no sense to me then, and still doesn't. I understand the EP's right to have their own things they look for in every other level but in the Worlds bid division. To me that should be standard regardless of who is giving the bid.

I think Worlds is the best place to beta test this stuff. I think the issue is a scoresheet has to be setup with room for the lower levels. Lots of ideas don't have tiers or room for development.

The issue with the worlds score sheet is that you need training on that independent the Event producer. I would say the majority of judges will never be worlds Judges. Therefore, would never be trained on that score sheet. This year, the worlds score sheet leaves a lot open. I am sure the judges will be given an intense training on where to score a lot of things.

Now every event producer would need to know who is going to score level 5 teams and have them trained on that. It would also limit them a lot of they had to fill a judging position last minute and could only use people trained on the worlds sheet.

I am all for a universal score sheet, but it needs to be for everyone all at once.

Back