All-Star Tiny Team Help!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What ages are you dealing with? What are the attention spans and personalities? Honestly, depending on the age you may be best to focus on the real fundamentals (behavior on stage, no toileting accidents while on stage or away from parents, how to just do a routine, how to smile on stage in front of a crowd, how to not freak out in front of a crowd on stage, how to behave at a competition, how to work as a team, and the fundamentals of tumbling). If you are dealing with a bunch of 3 to 4 year olds, your focus will be different than if you are dealing with kids ages 5 to 6. Tiny level is such a tricky category because of how little ones are. Working with preschoolers is a lot like herding cats.

What ages are you dealing with? What are the attention spans and personalities? Honestly, depending on the age you may be best to focus on the real fundamentals (behavior on stage, no toileting accidents while on stage or away from parents, how to just do a routine, how to smile on stage in front of a crowd, how to not freak out in front of a crowd on stage, how to behave at a competition, how to work as a team, and the fundamentals of tumbling). If you are dealing with a bunch of 3 to 4 year olds, your focus will be different than if you are dealing with kids ages 5 to 6. Tiny level is such a tricky category because of how little ones are. Working with preschoolers is a lot like herding cats.

Great points! My daughter is on her second year on a tiny team, and her entire team is in 1st grade. They look VERY different than our tiny prep team, which is comprised mostly of 3 and 4 year olds, with two 1st graders who were brand new to all star cheer and had no skills, plus lacked the maturity the other girls did.

My daughter's team last year only had 6 kids, and we got so many compliments at every competition about how awesome they looked for tiny's. We also won all but two competitions last year. If I can figure out how to link a video, maybe that will help? I don't know much about the scoresheets, but I think they always did very well.

My daughter's team last year only had 6 kids, and we got so many compliments at every competition about how awesome they looked for tiny's. We also won all but two competitions last year. If I can figure out how to link a video, maybe that will help? I don't know much about the scoresheets, but I think they always did very well.
Okay thanks!!

They can always do a prep lib and have the extra girl kneel in front of them (facing the crowd with her hands over her hand) and have the flyer put her foot onto the girls hand. Another idea is that they can have two knee stunts with hitches and a girl standing in the middle of them holding the two flyers feet.

Last edited:
They can always do a prep lib and have the extra girl kneel in front of them (facing the crowd with her hands over her hand) and have the flyer put her foot onto the girls hand. Another idea is that they can have two knee stunts with hitches and a girl standing in the middle of them holding the two flyers feet.
Thanks for the help!

In the end please remember these are tinies. The goal for them should be to be on stage, be happy, learn some basic skills and how to make it on stage through a routine, learn how to listen to a coach, and work with their team mates, and for parents to learn to let go and let the coach teach their kids. Keep it fun and full of joy. They will have years to max out score sheets and worry about the win.

Anyone have any videos?
Cheer Athletics Itty Bitty Kitties and Stingray Allstars Grape are both tiny teams that are very successful and they're usually fairly big in numbers for tiny teams but you could still use them to get ideas YouTube searching their routines for the past few seasons!
Also I'm pretty sure CJA Baby Gunz (I think that's the name) seem to be a pretty successful tiny team and have smaller numbers so you could search them as well.
I'm not sure of other teams exactly but you could YouTube search tiny level 1 on YouTube as well and probably find some good examples of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter's gym has 4 tiny teams. The youngest tiny prep team has 3 girls- they have ruffle bottom shorts and pigtails for competitions. When they come out there is tape on the floor for them and the coaches are heavily involved. The first comp 2 came out and the third was not having it. The next comp all three were there...but the one cried through the whole routine. The next comp she stood there, some what smiled and even did a few motions. A lot of their routine is about waving, jumping forward and back and doing a roll. I see growth and I LOVE seeing that one tiny do more each time. The other three tiny teams are at different levels but you can see really changes from comp to comp for each team. While I had always thought tiny teams were cute I never really saw the point- until we were here and get to see a team over and over and see they do actually learn things. Good luck with your team!

Latest posts

Back