All-Star Trends You Want To See Die For Next Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't understand why this isn't already done. They can do so much more of that fir school uniforms, why not all star? At least offer numerical sizing like school cheer, and the ability lengthen or shorten.
We sized our kids and then added appropriately to the torso, sleeves and skirt length. I'm pretty sure this is pretty standard.

We sized our kids and then added appropriately to the torso, sleeves and skirt length. I'm pretty sure this is pretty standard.
It isn't for all styles of uniform (some sublimated designs come to mind), you can only get up to 2 inches, and you cannot take away length. My Cp's sleeves are always too long and It looks weird sometimes when there is decoration on the sleeves and you cannot see it. Plus, there are way fewer size options than school cheer. School cheer uniforms come in numerical sizes like 2,4,6 ect. And you can specify a skirt length. CP was an 8/15 skirt for example. Top length could be changed as well. It allows for a MUCH more customized fit than S,M,L , but requires more die cuts and time to accomplish. We were also offered minor tailoring where needed for an additional charge, for instance CP needed the waistband on the skirt taken in because of her waist/hip ratio. By the time the skirt went over her hips, the waist was huge. These options don't exist for all star. I guess the reasoning is that spandex is more forgiving, but that only goes so far.

Last edited:
This is also maybe a personal thing, but I hate the uniform top with Nike pros look. I'm team full uniform or full warm ups/practice wear. Either be in uniform or out.
I have a white skirt so I would do that sometimes when I had time in-between performances and didn't want to get my skirt dirty. I try to avoid going to the bathroom to change as much as possible so it's easier to have the Nike pros on so I can just slip in and out of my skirt
ETA: I avoid bathroom because at competitions the bathrooms are usually gross and super crowded

Last edited:
It isn't for all styles of uniform (some sublimated designs come to mind), you can only get up to 2 inches, and you cannot take away length. My Cp's sleeves are always too long and It looks weird sometimes when there is decoration on the sleeves and you cannot see it. Plus, there are way fewer size options than school cheer. School cheer uniforms come in numerical sizes like 2,4,6 ect. And you can specify a skirt length. CP was an 8/15 skirt for example. Top length could be changed as well. It allows for a MUCH more customized fit than S,M,L , but requires more die cuts and time to accomplish. We were also offered minor tailoring where needed for an additional charge, for instance CP needed the waistband on the skirt taken in because of her waist/hip ratio. By the time the skirt went over her hips, the waist was huge. These options don't exist for all star. I guess the reasoning is that spandex is more forgiving, but that only goes so far.
I guess I could see that with sublimation to an extent. We were able to take up to 2 inches off of sleeves on our all star uniforms. I guess it varies by style and company.
My daughter's school will let you alter the uniform (like the waist example you gave) as long as they do not remove the material so it can be let out again. We don't purchase the uniforms for school and they reuse them year to year.

I guess I could see that with sublimation to an extent. We were able to take up to 2 inches off of sleeves on our all star uniforms. I guess it varies by style and company.
My daughter's school will let you alter the uniform (like the waist example you gave) as long as they do not remove the material so it can be let out again. We don't purchase the uniforms for school and they reuse them year to year.
We buy all our uniforms, so we could have anything that we needed done and they were ordered to fit the child.

I think contouring can be quite amazing. However, a big glittery white C next to each eye is not what I would consider contouring or 'on fleek'.
2ro6rft.jpg

The big glittery C in action. I still love it.

The glitter C next to the eye actually helped my action shots too. Instead of there being a shadow on my eye, it brought light and made the pictures a lot better! I don't see how a glitter line is seen as annoying haha
If you like it, rock it. I think it looks like a toddler got into mommy's makeup to play. Just like some people hate the pouf and crazy cut-outs, I am not a fan of the glitter c.

Im sure this is an unpopular opinion, but fetus flyers on senior teams need to go. I would love the min age to be 14. Long lean lines on normal sized kids look so great, in my opinion. Body positions used to look so gorgeous in the air on senior teams! Not that they don't look good now, it's just...I don't know. Plus, what happens when these kids get to college and need to coed stunt? Bases aren't used to normal sized flyers and all normal sized flyers 'sized out' by the time they were 14 and have spent the last 4 years basing. It's not like college teams can bring in 12 year olds to fly. Anyway, again, Im sure its an unpopular opinion, but I digress...

About buns...
Some mini aged kids' arms aren't long enough to keep their natural ponytails from hitting the mat when they tumble. Once, one of our gym's mini teams was given a tumbling deduction at a comp for every time a kid's hair touched the mat. The coach had them do buns the next day for this reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back