All-Star Tryout Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
Sooo since worlds is over and its officially tryout season, where is everyone or their CP(s) trying out? Dream team or gym included.

I gave up doing regular privates but keep a few slots open for kids who need privates every spring (like one day per week.)

This time of year, it is hard to get a spot. If you waited until this month, the struggle is real.

5526652.jpg

Last edited:
I just LOVE the miracles that happen in the gym when it gets close to tryouts - especially the kids who could never throw their skills for the team they're on suddenly are throwing the higher level skills....:confused:

This is largely the reason we've done away with tryouts for athletes already on teams in the gym. The coaches and tumbling coaches of each athlete are better able to assess what their abilities are based off of them actually being on a team during the season.

I just LOVE the miracles that happen in the gym when it gets close to tryouts - especially the kids who could never throw their skills for the team they're on suddenly are throwing the higher level skills....:confused:
By miracle I thought you meant all the extra advice and skill rundowns from Susie's Mom so you know where to place her kid.

I gave up doing regular privates I keep a few slots open for kids who need privates.

This time of year, it is hard to get a spot. If you waited until this month, the struggle is real.

5526652.jpg

OMG. We're probably switching gyms this season and my daughter has been taking a tumbling class to get a feel for the place. It's only her second season, I didn't even think about the timing. I hope people don't think that's us trying to "cram" for tryouts!

My daughter has the opposite problem, does great and works hard all year then gets nervous/stressed and "loses" her skills. 2nd year she has a great year then wants to quit before tryouts.

I gave up doing regular privates I keep a few slots open for kids who need privates.

I've been doing privates since Dec and I can't even get in. Hitting up the gymnastic open gyms instead, cos they're quieter, just to keep in practice

CP is staying put at her gym and will do her 4th season again on a M1 team. Next year is her last Mini eligible year so she'll also be staying on M1 next year as well. One mom at our gym thinks I'm mean that I don't want her to age up/move up in level but honestly, I don't---so M1 she shall stay.

Back