All-Star Tryout Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm pretty sure we've all figured out what gyms are involved. I'm sorry her "dream gym" didn't work out. Usually if you tell them you are commuting they put you on a team that fits your time schedule.
That drive home though...if you're 2 1/2 hours away ya'll won't be getting home until almost midnight.:defeated:

I probably would have went for the OCPE to avoid getting home late but my kid is a sleeper.
OCPE??

CP can sleep anywhere. She is very talented that way, lol. And I am a night owl...so driving home late isn't a problem at all. And yes, I'm sure we all know the gyms I was told by mega gym that all youth and jr teams practice at 5:30, so until she can be on a senior team there it could never be a possibility. We prayed about it a lot...so I'm confident this is where she is supposed to be now. She is happy, thus I am happy. She can grow and continue to learn, which is the reason I'm willing to drive her. Everyone here has been so great, thank y'all for that. ☺️

OCPE??

CP can sleep anywhere. She is very talented that way, lol. And I am a night owl...so driving home late isn't a problem at all. And yes, I'm sure we all know the gyms I was told by mega gym that all youth and jr teams practice at 5:30, so until she can be on a senior team there it could never be a possibility. We prayed about it a lot...so I'm confident this is where she is supposed to be now. She is happy, thus I am happy. She can grow and continue to learn, which is the reason I'm willing to drive her. Everyone here has been so great, thank y'all for that. ☺️
Congrats to your CP. That's a huge commute but I would prob. do the same if I had no options closer to home.

@gofriars610 @RobinSparkles Haha I feel like I'm in a similar predicament. I'm finally near a ioc team and they'll be having open workouts soon... but I stopped at level 3 several years ago and rarely stunted because I preferred basing the small flyers. For some reason my heart really wants me to still go for it.

So there's a new IOC team at a gym near my house--I'm very old and very very retired (I don't even own cheer shoes, ha), but I'm so tempted to look into it. Is this nuts?
Girl, I tried out at CA with a cartwheel and an iffy round off back handspring, anything is possible. Stunting was not a part of their tryout at all. Go for it!!

OCPE??

OCPE = Off Campus PE

Once CP is in 7th/8th grade they can do OCPE and get out of school early if they're training enough.

OCPE = Off Campus PE

Once CP is in 7th/8th grade they can do OCPE and get out of school early if they're training enough.
I wish schools in Australia would do that! That sounds amazing!

(maybe I'm a little exaggerated but I hate school pe because 1. I don't like the games (too much running and getting hit by balls) 2. I don't like the people (how the boys take over) and 3. I don't like the teachers.) But at cheer I have lots of friends and the coach is great, and I like stunting so it's way better than school.

I wish schools in Australia would do that! That sounds amazing!

(maybe I'm a little exaggerated but I hate school pe because 1. I don't like the games (too much running and getting hit by balls) 2. I don't like the people (how the boys take over) and 3. I don't like the teachers.) But at cheer I have lots of friends and the coach is great, and I like stunting so it's way better than school.
It's a Texas thing. Didn't exist when we lived in KS.

So CP made J2... She was on sr2 last year but there isn't a sr2 this year. She's a little sad that it seems she won't be flying this year but I told her to keep stretching and working on her tumbling cause things can change whenever and u never know. Besides I told her there's always next year.
Now Dh is devastated lol he loves seeing her in the air and it's been a tough two years of transitioning from rec to all star and she wasn't getting/doing the same amount of "airtime" she used to. Hopefully he will keep it together lol I honestly thought I wasn't going to deal with it well but it turns out he's the one all emotional about it. Poor guy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back