College University Of Louisville Tryouts 2012-2013

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 23, 2010
Does anyone have any information on tryout dates for the upcoming season?
I can't seem to find any specifics on their website.
I'm trying to make travel plans but i want to confirm before booking anything,
Thanks so much!

It seems that they don't really have their dates set in stone until after Daytona. I know that there are a few Louisville cheerleaders here on the board. Sitz_Lamos do you know the dates?

It's gonna be very intense indeed! Hundreds of cheerleaders who will be trying out for Large Coed, Small Coed, and All-Girl.

I've always loved seeing what everyone wears to tryouts! I don't know when or why that started. Can anyone that knows share why they do that?

It seems that they don't really have their dates set in stone until after Daytona. I know that there are a few Louisville cheerleaders here on the board. Sitz_Lamos do you know the dates?

try outs are always the 2nd weekend of May. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Kentucky Derby is the 1st weekend and try outs the 2nd.

I've always loved seeing what everyone wears to tryouts! I don't know when or why that started. Can anyone that knows share why they do that?

when you have hundreds of cheerleaders all trying out at the same time it's easy to get lost in the crowd. it was a requirement to wear a sports bra top and skirt, but outfits started to become more creative so it was easier to be remembered by the crowd and especially the coaches. when you have so many people trying out and everyone looks similar it's hard to be like "wow, that one girl was really good, but i can't remember who she was or what she looked like" versus "wow that girl with the lime green skirt and cocunut bra was amazing!" plus it's a lot of fun for everyone to get to come up with their own outfits and can be a bit of a stress reliever during the tryout process.

tryouts are always open to the public on the final day (Saturday) so the coaches can see how the cheerleaders perform in front of a crowd, and anyone is welcome to come and watch!
YAY!! thanks!! Glad I work for an airline in cases like this to save me driving 5 hours but it will be worth it!! :D

Back