All-Star Us Finals Announcement

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Were they always varsity? On the varsity website it says end your season with us and lists all the summits and us finals. Wouldn't be surprised if varsity bought them out!

Were they always varsity? On the varsity website it says end your season with us and lists all the summits and us finals. Wouldn't be surprised if varsity bought them out!

Varsity bought jambrands this year so all jambrands comps (jamfest, GLCC, US Finals) are now varsity.

Varsity bought jambrands this year so all jambrands comps (jamfest, GLCC, US Finals) are now varsity.

That's what I figured. New bid locations, previous comps we attended are no longer qualifiers and according to the varsity site, 2 more locations were added for us finals. Only 2 qualifying events in NJ now.

I think they did that 7 or so years ago the last time I competed at US Finals.

I remember CP being a part of a Virtual Championship years ago. They "qualified" at a comp then a panel reviewed the videos of the performances from around the country and declared a virtual winner. I don't think it was US Finals, but it was around the same time of year.

Did athletic championships change some of their event dates? The ones on that link don't look like they line up with what i ahve seen from them??

ETA: Athletic championships website says April 1-2, 2017 for Destin, the varsity link says April 21-23, 2017. Does anyone know if there are date changes or varsity just got it wrong??

Last edited:
I remember CP being a part of a Virtual Championship years ago. They "qualified" at a comp then a panel reviewed the videos of the performances from around the country and declared a virtual winner. I don't think it was US Finals, but it was around the same time of year.

We did that once several years ago. It was International All Levels. I think it only lasted a few seasons and may have morphed into The Summit.

VA Beach seems to draw teams from a far area so people can tie in a vacation (saw Michigan, New York, Japan, last year I think Korea). Would not be surprised if it becomes one location not sure where.

VA Beach seems to draw teams from a far area so people can tie in a vacation (saw Michigan, New York, Japan, last year I think Korea). Would not be surprised if it becomes one location not sure where.

Looks like they added 2 more locations. Galveston and Vegas.

I can't see them doing that, they'd lose a lot of money doing that. I think US Finals caters to a very different group of gyms - mainly the teams that don't want to travel down to Disney for Summit but want to be apart of a "year end, best of the best championship". US Finals is the cheaper alternative to Summit. The fact that it's in so many different locations is, I think, what makes it so successful. If you put it in one spot, you have lost all of the teams that would need to fly out to it.

I'm interested to see what they announce though. I went to the first Final Destination (pre-US Finals) in VA Beach and then attended the comp every year until I graduated. It was always one of the highlights of each season. Maybe crossover rules? Maybe they'll switch up the structure to have semi-finals/finals? (Logistically they might be a nightmare but there's been worse ideas in the cheer world!) ETA: The "together" word throws me for a loop though.

Last edited:

I went to US Finals twice - 2009 and 2010. I think the second time they had a virtual winner. We won our division in Virginia Beach, but not the national one.

Seems like there are fewer competitions to earn bids at now. Under Epic Brands almost all of their events were US Finals event qualifiers. And the athlete registration fee for those events were very economically and small gym friendly. Some of the fees I've seen for the Cheer Straz events per athlete were as low as $35.00

Is Epic a part of Varsity?

No, Epic Brands is not Varsity.

Hmm, I have to say I was not very impressed by the US Finals in Providence. It just seemed kinda meh, I can't really explain it. CP was disappointed that there were no smoothies:p
I have to agree with you and the scoring was really strange no deductions for tumbling? It seemed as if you had a clean routine no matter how little difficulty you had, that was the team that won.

I have to agree with you and the scoring was really strange no deductions for tumbling? It seemed as if you had a clean routine no matter how little difficulty you had, that was the team that won.
And by clean I meant no stunt falls, you could of had multiple tumbling touchdowns, imcomplete passes, etc. those didn't count.

Back