All-Star Usa Cheer New Music Rules..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Am I the only one who is actually dreading a full day at a competition listening to this stuff?

I'm actually kind of glad we are a low budget HS team and were forced into covers from unleashthebeats for money reasons. At least we have recognizable melodies.

Am I the only one who is actually dreading a full day at a competition listening to this stuff?

With the exception of the TG Angels, I haven't heard a single mix that I like so far. And TG Angels is only because of their theme and how near and dear that is to me on a personal level. Everything else is just background music---I can't see getting into any of it or be excited to watch it be performed. I haven't heard either of my CP's mixes yet, but I imagine it'll be the status quo.

What I liked about the music of old is even if you didn't follow a team, music was recognizable enough that you heard it, recognized it and got excited to hear it---see it. While original music is the direction it has to go, I feel like each team needs their own lyric sheet.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter because what's done is done and there is no going back...but I agree with the above sentiment. Not excited at all.

Last edited:

I honestly wasnt sure how shooting stars were going to continue their theme tradition with the new music rules, but I think this is incredibly creative. Not sure how I feel about the waltz part yet but kudos to World Cup none the less.

The beginning was ok but the 2nd half is boring. But WC's music has always been weird to me.

Side question: for those of you who listened to Cheer1FM, is the reason why they haven't been playing anything in a while because of the music rule changes? Just curious. Haven't opened up the app in a while but I tried to listen yesterday and it was pretty much obsolete.

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but do these music rules also apply to non-U.S. teams who are attending USASF Cheerleading Worlds?

Gonna have to be negative here and say that I'm still waiting for a mix that I really love.

I guess that's what happens though, with rules like this. You're going to get some exciting, creative mixes, and some boring, strange ones.

Back