All-Star Usasf Worlds Cup Race

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 9, 2012
I just saw this on cheerupdates..

fck6m0.png

US All Star Federation: Worlds Cup Race

I think this has the potential to help international teams that always seem to struggle to get bids but it might also open the door for more under-qualified teams to make it to worlds.

a little confused by their description ... so if a team already has an at large (and obviously paid) they are not eligible for one of these bids? As in, could an at-large upgrade to a paid through this system because that is not the way I am reading it. So this would only apply to teams with no bids???

Are there really that many teams at the end of the season that don't have at least an at-large bid? And so now you are, in essence, as cheer families, paying for a bid because the cost to attend each additional comp is XXX (I know being from the West Coast it is easily (comp fees, entrance, hotel, travel) over the cost of a paid bid per 2 day comp. But that's ok... your gym can brag "they went to Worlds" (just don't do the $/minute calculation like I did year 1 at Worlds)

I think this has the potential to help international teams that always seem to struggle to get bids but it might also open the door for more under-qualified teams to make it to worlds.

No good for Intl. teams, as all competitions are in the USA. I'm assuming that since you need to get a bid in your home country, Intl. teams won't be eligible for these,e even if they could make enough competitions to get the points needed.

Sounds like another Varsity ploy to up numbers at specific competitions. It also seems that teams receiving the 6 (did I read that right) bids will be the ones who don't qualify for regular bids, since everyone else will have already received one.

No good for Intl. teams, as all competitions are in the USA. I'm assuming that since you need to get a bid in your home country, Intl. teams won't be eligible for these,e even if they could make enough competitions to get the points needed.

Sounds like another Varsity ploy to up numbers at specific competitions. It also seems that teams receiving the 6 (did I read that right) bids will be the ones who don't qualify for regular bids, since everyone else will have already received one.
I think she means international open teams in the US, at least that's how I took it.

I don't think any EPs in Canada would have a qualifying event for this thing... Are there any Tier 1 EPs in Canada? I feel like ATC might be since they gave out a full paid last season, but I could be way off about that.

There were none on the list provided. Maybe the ATC, with the full paid. Cheer Evolution gives out 6+ bids. I'd suggest Sea to Sky as well as they give out a lot of bids too I believe, but they're too late in the season I think

I think this will help teams who consistently place well, but not well enough for a bid. Like if a team places first three times(but no bid), second 4 times, and third once, for example.

There have been several teams, that are contenders at worlds that seem to struggle getting paid. GBE comes to mind. There have been a few years they couldn't get paid. In theory, this would help them.
Good to know. That was a genuine question.

Back