All-Star Usasf Worlds Cup Race

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ever since USASF paid off it's kickstart loan from Varsity, they have claimed there is no involvement with them. USASF probably uses Varsity's "in" with Disney to get Worlds there, so maybe Varsity makes some money off of that? Probably not enough to make it really worth their time though. I just don't see how anyone could consider this a money maker if they're giving out $50-$75k in paid bids, I highly doubt they're making that up in incoming registrations. It would be really poor use of time and resources to make very little ROI.

They share too many common personnel not to be connected, or did last time I checked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I made a visual a few years ago on RTW for a data visualization class I was taking. It was a map like this with a circle at every bid event, the size corresponded to the number of bids. Their list of events is basically the list of bid events. It's not really any different.

On the negative side, I basically don't have a way of tracking this data on Road to Worlds. Bummer.
I figured that was the case, I just wish the Midwest had more opprotunities for bids. When I read they were aiming to get more teams bids I had hoped for more comps in the middle of the US.

Side note: data visualization is an idea I toy with every now and then for possible grad school stuff but then reality slaps me hard and says "you struggled through your CS minor lolol get real". It's still one of the coolest things in the world.

Ah, Var$ity and U$A$F. Like the Triple crown, I feel like this is just to get more people competing to pay more entry fees.

(Oops! This was meant to post yesterday)

I looked at USASF annual report (which the last one they have up is 2014) and in 2014 worlds made almost 1.5 million AFTER accounting for USASF's expenses for that competition. So yeah I'd say it's a money maker

I'm not saying Worlds ISN'T a money maker. It's the largest cheer competition behind NCA and Cheersport so obviously is, I'm saying that the addition of this new cup race isn't going to be some massive money maker for the USASF.

ETA: HOLD UP. Anyone else notice it says that events eligible for the USASF Cup Race include 7 Tier 3 Event Producers? I.e. Shout Cheer, Deep South, CNY Cheer Co, etc...

In case anyone was wondering, according to the USASF Tier 3 EP's are NOT eligible to give bids to Worlds. Sooo... there are non-Varsity EP's that currently do not have events that can offer Worlds bids, that are now part of an opportunity for teams to attend their events and become eligible for a bid to Worlds. Sounds like a profitable opportunity for the IEP's....

Last edited:
ETA: HOLD UP. Anyone else notice it says that events eligible for the USASF Cup Race include 7 Tier 3 Event Producers? I.e. Shout Cheer, Deep South, CNY Cheer Co, etc...

In case anyone was wondering, according to the USASF Tier 3 EP's are NOT eligible to give bids to Worlds. Sooo... there are non-Varsity EP's that currently do not have events that can offer Worlds bids, that are now part of an opportunity for teams to attend their events and become eligible for a bid to Worlds. Sounds like a profitable opportunity for the IEP's....
Literally was just coming to post this. There are 1 day events that are eligible. Interesting.

If this allows some programs to cut excessive travel to bid events and attend more local comps that would be a good thing.

Back