All-Star Video's Of Super Small Teams- 7 Or Less

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

SLM

Cheer Parent
Dec 19, 2012
I am worried/depressed, etc. I am posting this here instead of the coaches room in case it gets more traffic. My program is gutted this season. It is looking like we will only have 7 girls for our Sr. lvl 2 team and one of them can front spot only due to health issues. There is no one to pull up or down as it were.

Please tell me the season isn't going to be a total loss/disaster. Can you think of any video's that show a team so tiny?

Don't know how to link it, but there is a team called Lucky 7 that has competed at worlds for the past few years!

Don't fret! Granted, you may not be able to use the entire floor with 7 athletes. However, it's a lot easier to keep one stunt group up than 5-7. :) We only have 7 on our S3 and our J1 has 9. We're still going to go out and have a great season!

Think positive!

My daughter's team is in a small town, they are youth level 1 and have just the one team and last year they had 10 girls. This year they lost 3 to a new gym that opened up in the town next to ours and 2 due to concentrating on school work and 1 to not wanting to do cheer anymore. They picked up a new girl so they are sitting at 5 right now with a possible 6th girl who is interested. But for right now they call themselves the Fierce Five and all the girls are super excited for the season. They are small in numbers but all the girls have all level 1 tumbling with a couple at level 2 skills and the rest working on level 2 skills and they are super excited about this season.

Thank you everyone. It really helps to hear of other small teams. Do any of you have any videos of the lower level teams that are small?

Super Duper smalls teams are becoming a trend with scoring becoming so percentage based, I'm sure throughout your season you will see a couple of other super duper small teams. I would just concentrate on playing to your strengths, and using the scoresheet to your advantage. Good Luck this season!

there are tons of positives to a small team!! each kid will have much more individual attention from you as a coach so will develop their skills and technique really well. everyone will get to know eachother really well and your team bond will be amazing. i'd way rather be on a small team than a team with 30+ !

I can't post any videos of them, but at most of the competitions I go to (In New Zealand) they have super small level 1 teams with one or two stunt groups, and they always score quite well in certain areas of the score sheet due to it being percentage based. For example, having 8 stunt groups on the floor in perfect time but with a couple people bobbing in the back may look "cooler" but won't score as high as everyone being in one stunt group. I'm sure you will be fine, and as someone said earlier, it will be a great experience for the athletes to have such a low coach to athlete ratio :)
If you are still desperate for more people you could get some people to cross over from other teams or try and get a little bit of publicity for your team. Good luck!

The first small team that comes to mind for me is Shine All star's senior 2. I saw them at pacwest and they only had like 9 kids. They ended up winning Summit.
(can't figure out how to embed videos from varsity.tv but heres the link!!)

Shine All Star Cheer - Chrystal Chrome [2016 L2 Small Senior Day 2] | Varsity.tv

Also here's an example of a senior 1 too!
Tsunami Allstars - Fab 9 [2016 L1 Small Senior Day 2] | Varsity.tv

ETA: oops someone already mentioned Shine

Thank you for these, that Shine routine gave me life! That opening was so awesome.

Back