All-Star What Are Those Curlers Called?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I dont even like sleeping in them. If it hurt when you put them in you might have been trying to put too much hair in the curler. The hair should go in smoothly.

You are probably right. I was all kinds of awkward with that hook thing. But after that first experience I don't think she will let me near her with those anytime soon.

My cp has very long and thick hair and these did not work for her- I wish they worked because I spend 45 mins at every competition curling her hair.

Curlformers do work great, but my tender-headed CP does not like them. It was nothing but a big cry fest when I put them in. I may have pulled them to tight to the scalp, I don't know. And she cried when she tried to sleep in them. But they were gorgeous curls. I will save them and try again in a couple years LOL.

We also had the tear fest for my younger one. She HATES them - we are back to curling iron for her (if she ever cheers again of course...:rolleyes:)

I have these right this moment. I have found if you want to wear natural curls on normal days, leave them in for only an hour or two and the curls are a lot looser and natural looking. I love them!

Another thing that Ive found that works is flexi rolls. Theyre more comfortable to sleep in and take less time to put in.

Hmmm...I may try those. But I am thinking she is going to have a straight ponytail this year so I may not have to worry about any of that!

Curlformers do work great, but my tender-headed CP does not like them. It was nothing but a big cry fest when I put them in. I may have pulled them to tight to the scalp, I don't know. And she cried when she tried to sleep in them. But they were gorgeous curls. I will save them and try again in a couple years LOL.
Try putting less hair in each curler. They are tough to sleep in, my cp complains but like every good cheer mom I just shove an extra pillow under her head and tell her to suck it up.

when i used them (for half up half down curls, we just do pony tail curls now & i don't like using them in pony tails lol) i surprisingly found curlformers more comfortable to sleep in than regular sponge curlers! they felt better since they hung flat it was easier to lay back on vs. sponge curlers placed in random places lol idk i didn't mind them & the curls turned out perfect!

shoot when i started cheering all we had for rollers were those plastic sponge rollers! i remember a few tear fests myself when my mom would put those in my hair... these look like a breeze to sleep in compared to those!

Oh the tearfest wasn't for sleeping. It's for pulling the hair through the curlers. Once they're in she's fine, but good god when I'm putting them in she acts like I'm scalping her!

Try putting less hair in each curler. They are tough to sleep in, my cp complains but like every good cheer mom I just shove an extra pillow under her head and tell her to suck it up.

Crack me up!! I have little patience too, especially when all that stands between me and my bed is getting that hair done. We did the straight ponytails at one competition last year and it was fabulous!! Took about five minutes and not one tear.

Back