OT What Do You Want To Do As A Career?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I recently graduated with a degree in public health and minor in holistic health and alternative medicine.. which i sort of only picked because i gave up pre-med, but it was still health related, and it fulfilled the prerequisites for most grad school programs whether I chose PT, OT, or nutrition.

I applied to school for OT and got in, but now I am having second thoughts. I also got into a M.S Acupuncture/Doctor of Naturopathic medicine program. I have yet to tell either school I won't be attending. I'm literally all over the place.

I have been interning at The Epilepsy Foundation (which was required to graduate, and then they hired me part time through graduation and this summer) and have an interview at The American Cancer Society next week, so we'll see. (As part of our senior project, we had to do cover letter, resume, and references for a real job application.. so I figured if I already wrote the cover letter, why not just apply for the job even though I'll never get. One month later, my application has made it through three rounds of cuts and they just called for an interview, so now I'm having a dilemma.)

Working one year with that salary could pay for all 3 years of grad school... I wish I 100% knew what I wanted to do.

So for those of you that truly know where you want to be and what you want to be doing, just do it!

So for those of you that truly know where you want to be and what you want to be doing, just do it!

Ugh, no joke. I wish I would have just stuck to what I wanted to do from the get go. Now, I'm older and thinking "oh man, by the time I finish THAT degree I'll be HOW old?!" Your entire post kinda sounds like me... I have so many options and want to do everything and can't make a real decision.
Cue the freak out, not applying, and next year finding myself in the exact same situation. :)

Ugh, no joke. I wish I would have just stuck to what I wanted to do from the get go. Now, I'm older and thinking "oh man, by the time I finish THAT degree I'll be HOW old?!" Your entire post kinda sounds like me... I have so many options and want to do everything and can't make a real decision.
Cue the freak out, not applying, and next year finding myself in the exact same situation. :)

ugh, the freak out is here for me, at least. my mid-midlife crisis as I like to call it ;) part of me feels if I get this job, it's meant to be. It was literally a job I saw and knew I'd never get. I am not qualified for it, at all. I have the degree, I'm just missing about 10 years of experience. I'd love to work for ACS. I applied for fun knowing they'd probably laugh at my resume and we'd all move on. And a month later, here we are.

Not to mention, while looking at rent, my car payment, and my looming school loan payments.. that salary is very hard to turn down.

So we'll see. Que sera, sera :D

I want to go into sports medicine. I've always known I liked medical stuff and biology, but I also want to do something that shared my love of athletics. I think it's the perfect job.

My daughter said she will be a coach and own her own gym here in San Antonio and that this gym will be the best gym in the world. (Austin cheer factory is the closest that I know of here that has got a worlds bid previously and they are pretty good but with traffic they are easily a couple hours away depending on where you are at!) so if she keeps it up there is a perfect place for those kids since commuting to Dallas or Houston is to far!

She was rearranging the balls for her youth 3s jump formation! She actually talks to them and was telling 1 ball if her jumps are going to look like that she is going to the back. Ever since her 1st season she has been saying that she will have her own gym one day. She also said all her kids will have fulls when they are 5 and have more swag then all the other gyms. Lol
And as of now there colors are going to be red black and silver!
I guess we will see:)

a6cd09f1-647b-6c6d.jpg

I changed my mind I think my daughter will be a mean coach

Lol

a6cd0b29-2402-6ed8.jpg

I definitely want to coach forever. Also, my boyfriend and I are going to start our own gym sometime in the future. I've always wanted to start my own business (I hate working FOR someone) and having my own all-star facility is a dream of mine.
My degree is in Studio Production, so I plan on moving to California after I graduate, and getting some fun job doing something that has to do with entertainment (not sure what yet.) Then shortly after settling down, getting the gym started. :)

I really believe that you should go after your dream job vs. the "ideal" job. You spend way too much time and money on schooling NOT to be doing what you love for the rest of your life. There's no such thing as an unrealistic goal. As for me, I either want to study Fashion or English in college (I chose English for my first year, but that may change soon). I have a real passion for Fashion, but I'm naturally talented in English. The doctor told me that I should just be a fashionable English teacher.

This is going to sound really boring but I want to major in finance and possible start a career in budget/financial analysis. my dream job would be to work for a professional sports team and head the finance department.

Well, I'm not sure, but I definitely want to do something in the cheerleading industry. Maybe something like....
-Designing uniforms
-Choreographing
-Creating scoresheets and rules
-Determining what's legal and what's not legal
-Training kids
-Owning a gym
-Inventing innovative stunting and tumbling equipment
This idea is a bit far-fetched, but it's totally fetch. My camp friend and I want a reality TV show called Paige+Monica: Making Champions. We could travel around the USA, and people could call us to ask if they want us to fix the squad. We can choreograph the routines and train the students and push them to win.

If none of this works out I want to be in the entertainment industry. I have a hidden talent. I can sing.

I will speak for my daughter since she will be a Senior. She used to want to be a meteorologist. She used to watch the weather channel like kids would watch cartoons lol. She is still enthralled by weather and storms etc. but is not sure that will be a secure career path. You have to know by daughter - she is very independent - and wants to make sure she has a career where she can take care of herself and will not have to rely on anyone. So...that led her to Pharmacology. So, I believe she will look into a school with that program. If she could teach cheer on the side to a mini or youth team, she would -but I don't know how that would fit into her schedule.

I definitely want to coach forever. Also, my boyfriend and I are going to start our own gym sometime in the future. I've always wanted to start my own business (I hate working FOR someone) and having my own all-star facility is a dream of mine.
My degree is in Studio Production, so I plan on moving to California after I graduate, and getting some fun job doing something that has to do with entertainment (not sure what yet.) Then shortly after settling down, getting the gym started. :)
Where are you studying?

Oldest is going to be a teacher........middle is interested in NICU nurse or ultrasound technician.

Little bit says she's "Going to be Famous". I think we should move to VA. LMAO

Mr Tealy and I just want to 1 day move to the beach. 6 more years.

Back