All-Star What To Look For In A Team (my First Season Cheer Leading)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 1, 2016
Hi guys, this is my first season doing cheer. I live in an area where we have 6 or 7 squads within a 45 minute drive of where I live. I go to a private school that doesnt have cheerleading as a sport or activity. So, I wanted to join an all star team. I've been working on my tumbling and dancing. I've also attended clinics put on by a few of the area teams. I'm wondering, what should I be looking for in my first team/gym I sign up for? Also, do all star teams have tryouts? If so, what do coaches want to see when selecting who they want and for which team? Thanks

Hi guys, this is my first season doing cheer. I live in an area where we have 6 or 7 squads within a 45 minute drive of where I live. I go to a private school that doesnt have cheerleading as a sport or activity. So, I wanted to join an all star team. I've been working on my tumbling and dancing. I've also attended clinics put on by a few of the area teams. I'm wondering, what should I be looking for in my first team/gym I sign up for? Also, do all star teams have tryouts? If so, what do coaches want to see when selecting who they want and for which team? Thanks
1. I try to find nice and friendly teammates.
2. Yes, all allstar gyms have tryouts. Coaches look at mostly your tumbling skills and stunting skills.

1. I try to find nice and friendly teammates.
2. Yes, all allstar gyms have tryouts. Coaches look at mostly your tumbling skills and stunting skills.
Thank you for your reply. I have made some friends on the squads that I've attended the camps. There's a couple of girls on the team I'm probably going to tryout for that go to my school.

Back