All-Star You Get A Trophy, I Get A Trophy, We All Get A Trophy! Good Or Bad

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is giving Trophies to all participants, helping or hurting athletes?

• Helping Athletes

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Hurting Athletes

Votes: 28 93.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i know when i was in gymnastics, at certain events, all the athletes received a "goody bag". they would have maybe a little towel, a cup, candy, or something else random. however when it came to the actual awards ceremony, only those who placed received an actual ribbon, trophy, etc. and guess what...we all survived.

I used to wrestle at a kinda high level and i got mad at the comps where i got a throphy even though i maybe not even won one match. For me its not about the throphy. Not even when i won the entire comp but about me feeling great and getting the experience i needed. (Yeah i know wrestling is nothing like cheer just wanted to say my side. I have never cheered and probably never will as most of you know.)

Non-cp's team won their division at a 2 day soccer tournament this weekend. The last game ended very strangely with the opposition forfeiting (although we were winning) because of a parent getting thrown off the field for screaming at the ref and the coach pulling them
off the field all over a call they didn't like. The kids decided they didn't even want their trophies and we all just left.

Last edited:
The video in that article was perfect for this conversation. Putting here in case someone doesn't open and read the article above.

Back