All-Star Your Top 3 Favorite Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We moved from a program that mainly did local comps with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 overnight travel comps. But my favorites were:

1. ACDA Reach the Beach; Ocean City, MD
2. CDE Mid Atlantic Open; Richmond, VA
3. Spirit Unlimited Battle at the Boardwalk; Atlantic City

1. Spirit of Hope - Runs on time, love the venue, big but not overwhelming. Right in Uptown Charlotte, so there's tons to walk too. It's a good early season comp to test your skills, usually over a long weekend. The team rooms are great for warm up and so cheerleaders aren't sprawled out all over the hallways. I've been both a competitor, coach and a spectator here.

2. Cheersport - Still so amazed they can have all those floors keep it so accurate DOWN TO THE MINUTE. Food is plentiful and there's lots in walking distance. Ditto on the team rooms. Fun fact - this was my first competition EVER. Talk about overwhelming. (I've also been a spectator here several years)

3. Summit - Love the feel and how special they make it. I didn't feel as overcrowded here as I have at Worlds in the past. Weather is usually nice and not unbearably hot, even for Florida. (I never competed here since it's so new, so I can't speak to that)

I also really like Battle at the Beach in Myrtle, but I can't put it on the list because the hallways ARE SUCH A CLUSTER. (Granted I haven't been in two years, so maybe it's improved). Worlds is great because of the notoriety, but....let's just say they've got some kinks to work out.

1. Spirit of Hope, Charlotte, NC - by far best comp we've ever been to. And love the message behind it. Charlotte is an awesome place to visit as well. And the venue is great.

2. Summit - absolutely loved being at summit! Knowing that our girls (and guy) was among the best of the best made it awesome and we had an amazingly good time!

3. American Royale, Atlanta, GA - the venue was awesome (they're switching venues this season though) and it ran very smoothly!

I'm not that much of a fan of cheersport nationals because of the shady judging and huge crowds. Plus all the running that we have to do to see all of our teams. But it has done well for my step count for my Fitbit and their jackets are pretty awesome.

UCA- Disney but way more relaxed than Worlds
WSF- the venue is ok, Louisville was fun, buses ran constantly and were comfortable, travel was reasonably affordable

I don't have a third fav- everything I liked in the past was terrible this year. Majors got cheap with the swag and the foodless banquet and non existent red carpet and the judging was unfathomable plus the lining up hours early for prepaid seats that cost $45 or more and ticketmaster surcharge(!) oh please!
CL was ok in LA but sucked big time in DC- there is a whole thread about the problems.
Love the arena stage but hate NCA- STP, Dallas, cost, crowding, arena crowding, facility maintenence
Cheersport the judging is suspect and unless you are in walking distance Atlanta is impossible to get around with traffic
Atlantic City is no place for cheerleaders. It has gone so much further downhill-yuk. Although the competition is well run and the inside of the venue is ok at Battle of the Boardwalk.

#1 is Cheersport Nationals. Love the amount of teams you can see in one weekend. The venue is awesome, the staff is great, and it is always (in my experience) on time.

That's all I've got. As I'm sitting here I am realizing all of the competitions I've been to in the past decade or longer have been the same few brands. None of them stand out better than the others.

1- Worlds : As my CP says words can't begin to describe it!

2- NCA Nationals : You can't compete across different levels!

3- Cheer Power Nationals in SA : Lots of great competition, well ran, champion rings for high point winners, by the river walk

We are gong to Spirit of Jope for the firstvtimevthis year. So glad to hear great things about it!

After 10 seasons, my faves are:
Summit

The end.

Eta: Happy (thrilled) Rays are only taking L5s to NCA this year tough! Even though that includes us, that saves A LOT of families I know. That's my least favorite comp if that's a thread. Lol

Last edited:
Spirit of Hope must be growing- our gym is also going for the first time this year. Traveling far to get there! Glad to hear it's a fave.

Love everything Spirit of Hope is for.
Loved the WSF comp in Louisville, loved this city
Loved Summit
Spirit Sports Battle at the Beach in Myrtle is a fav too.
Haven't yet been to NCA or Cheersport.

id be interested to know what some of the coaches on the boards favorite comps are... As much as ive seen programs gripe about cost, fairness, scores, etc. worlds/summt and NCA still seem to be on everyones list.

id be interested to know what some of the coaches on the boards favorite comps are... As much as ive seen programs gripe about cost, fairness, scores, etc. worlds/summt and NCA still seem to be on everyones list.

I am a coach and i have to say my favorite competiton the 2 times we went was one up. we went when it was in Nashville and again last year when it was in Atlanta. i thought scoring was spot on. it ran on time. the staff was great. they gave great comments on the score sheets. i think this was the only comp all year that not one of our coaches had to go to accuscore. there was nothing i really didnt like about this competition.

i also really like epic brands competitions, specifically for worlds teams. i like how they judge the worlds teams and really try to get the scoring and deductions right. i also like how the coaches are able to talk to the judges after the firs day to get some feed back on their comments on the score sheet. Ive been to battle at the boardwalk in ac and also reach the beach in ocean city with my level 5 team and thought the judging was pretty spot on every time.

And although its always been my dream to win NCA i did not have a good experience the last time i went with my level 5 team. Alot of it had to do with them putting us in a hotel 30 minutes away. We went the year when it was pretty much an ice storm in Dallas and the drive took us over an hour to get to the convetion center from our hotel. And i think that the scoring for the level 5 teams is a litte questionable. i feel like with so many teams in a division its really hard for them to judge fairly, especially when teams in a division are competing from 10 am to 8 at night. I felt like the later you went in your division, the higher you scored. they did not score the teams that went on earlier fairly in my opinion.

I posted mine already, but my qualifications for a "good comp" are pretty standard. Accurate/consistent scoring (and judges that are willing to take the time to talk to me about why scores are the way they are), competition running on time (including a no-fuss award ceremony), quality of teams, and production quality. A nice hospitality room is a great perk because there are competitions where I'm there for 12-16 hours a day, two days in a row. Some space to relax for twenty minutes and grab a snack is nice since we usually don't have a lot of time to leave the venue to grab food and I can't function on pretzels and chips for hours on end haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a coach, I LOVE:

Jam LIVE events-really athlete focused, well run, didn't split many divisions so lots of competition, high production value.

America's Best Nationals-great quality competitors, ran on time, great coaches hospitality room.

The Summit-Disney, quality of competitors, timeless/accuracy of scorecheck/accuscore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ditto all of yours! Could be that we're both from the Midwest, but we've had a great time at all 3 of those.

Back