All-Star Your Top 3 Favorite Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

"Third"ing @omgitssydthekid's. I'm old now and never went to summit but the first two that came to mind for me were Live! And ABKC.
America's best nationals in KC is always on time. It draws a lot of teams (early bid event) so the competition is strong. The hotel that most people stay in is nice and super close walking distance to the venue (like you'll spend maybe a minute outside walking). There's a cute market within walking distance where you can get meals for a decent price - it has a normal store part but also actual breakfast, lunch, dinner. I love the venue and the way the comp is run and set up feels like you're at a big prestigious comp which you don't get often in so close to home for us! By far my favorite comp (to be fair I've not been to NCA, UCA, summit bc we stay pretty close to home)
Live is just a super fun experience, you feel like a superstar.
Not sure on a third favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCA Nationals- competing against the best is amazing! I've always felt they did their best to keep it on time and to keep it fair. Results being posted soon after the division closes is awesome too! This competition is top in quality and it's hard to win because of the teams that are there and how strong of a competition that is!

ACA Nationals- this comp is like the second competition of the season where we get to see everybody whose anybody in the state of Texas and surrounding areas! All the tough teams come together and competing against each other! I always felt like scoring was accurate, and it was ran great! I look forward to this competition!!

Athletics in Tulsa, because we always get most of our summit bids there as it is one of the first few comps giving summit bids! It is just exciting to get your summit bid out of the way in early Decemeber!!

This is from a special needs perspective

1. Cheersport nationals. Only negative is the elevators. The venue and staff need to be stricter about enforcing the disabled and/or special needs only on elevators rule. And no, carrying a tray of nachos is not a special need. However over the past 2 years even this has improved.

2. American Royale Nationals in Atlanta. Well run. My kids loved it each time. Great competition. Great staff. Fun event.

3. UCA. It is very special needs welcoming.

Ours are:

1. Anything Jamfest. We have only been to locals but we always enjoy them. Something about the atmosphere seems to make our kids more relaxed and they seem to just do well there.

2. We LOVED American Open in Orlando the 2 years we got to go. It's a fun competition. We haven't been back since it moved into Disney property though [emoji35].

3. Mardi Gras Nationals in New Orleans. They do a good job running this, and you can't beat the location.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My fave as a parent:
1-NCA (ran smoothly at least from my perspective and getting to see so many amazing teams in one place was a bonus)

2- WSF Kentucky (also ran pretty smoothly in my opinion and loved that there was a Christmas event so was able to go shopping in between performances lol)

3- Spirit Sports - Myrtle Beach (ran pretty smoothly, loved that instead of jackets they get book bags lol and the area was fun to visit having never been there before)

(**As for a smaller comp, i rather enjoyed Encore cause I love the individual recognitions for teams and athletes)

1. NCA- first time last year. Love Dallas. Love the comp. arena viewing for level 5 is amazing. Judging in lower levels was questionable.

2. Summit- the atmosphere and quality of cheer teams is unbelievable.

3. One Up Nashville- all time favorite comp. Nashville is my favorite place. Judging, scoring and comments are spot on. Fun VIP area for teams. Wish it wouldn't have moved to Atlanta. Cheersport is enough Atlanta for me. (Not a fan of cheersport)

Those were in no particular order.

#1....UCA - So well organized and on time. It is of course expensive unless you don't do Disney at all but it was so much fun and would definitely love to go again.

#2... Spirit Sports in Myrtle Beach. The venue is really crowded but it is a reasonable price to stay and there is so much to do after the comp is over.

#3... Anything that doesn't cost me $250 a night in a crappy hotel or city :)

This is from a special needs perspective

1. Cheersport nationals. Only negative is the elevators. The venue and staff need to be stricter about enforcing the disabled and/or special needs only on elevators rule. And no, carrying a tray of nachos is not a special need. However over the past 2 years even this has improved.

2. American Royale Nationals in Atlanta. Well run. My kids loved it each time. Great competition. Great staff. Fun event.

3. UCA. It is very special needs welcoming.
For special athletes, I will add that the Battle At The Capitol's Special Needs Spotlight Event last season was absolutely fantastic. Well run, exciting, great, great teams and you can't beat the prize packages they gave out with the new uniforms, shoes, bows, music, jackets and the 2 World Bids. In my daughter's 11 years of cheering on special athlete, this was by far her favorite even surpassing the win at NCA one year. I think it was the parent's favorite too mainly because they were actually competing and competing for a high stake like a bid to exhibition at Worlds. We will ever be so grateful to our gym for letting the team go and experience this great event.

Last edited:
1) Jammy...thank Gawd the last Jamfest event I went to I was told that all the batteries for those horrendous things are dying and we will hopefully not have to tolerate Jammy time much longer.

2) There's not an affordable hotel room within a hunnert Miles

3) There's usually some kind of convention for the high holy priest of st. cabbage going on at the exact same time, so the whole downtown Indy area is flooded with snake-charmers and cheerleaders. Sometimes it's hard to tell them apart. My favorite year was the year the anti-abortion people were protesting and there was a guy outside screaming at the girls in their skirts that they were (long-handled garden tool)s

4) It's. Always. Behind.

5) In my experience as an outsider looking in, the words "questionable judging," don't even begin to explain some of the travesties of justice I've witnessed. I think the judges are former professional wrestling referees who are accustomed to pre-determined outcomes.

6) World's bid announcements at midnight or 1AM anyone?

It's always funny to me how everyone seems to absolutely love Jammy or hate him. There's hardly ever in between. This was actually one of my favorites. Tons of downtown and connected hotel rooms that really aren't horribly priced when you compare them to other major cities. The connected mall was awesome for good, reasonably priced foods and just somewhere to get away from cheer for a while without having to leave the vicinity. There were tons of restaurants you could get to without ever having to step outside. Friday practice, open practice area throughout the weekend, etc.

#2. Cheersport. It was usually our one travel event each year and just enjoyed getting to go to a huge competition with teams from all over the country to compete against. I don't miss the sprint from warm ups directly to the stage that was conveniently half a mile away when warm ups were behind and we almost missed our performance time, but we always had tough competition that made us work harder.

#3. Battle at the Capitol!

It's always funny to me how everyone seems to absolutely love Jammy or hate him. There's hardly ever in between. This was actually one of my favorites. Tons of downtown and connected hotel rooms that really aren't horribly priced when you compare them to other major cities. The connected mall was awesome for good, reasonably priced foods and just somewhere to get away from cheer for a while without having to leave the vicinity. There were tons of restaurants you could get to without ever having to step outside. Friday practice, open practice area throughout the weekend, etc.

#2. Cheersport. It was usually our one travel event each year and just enjoyed getting to go to a huge competition with teams from all over the country to compete against. I don't miss the sprint from warm ups directly to the stage that was conveniently half a mile away when warm ups were behind and we almost missed our performance time, but we always had tough competition that made us work harder.

#3. Battle at the Capitol!
My daughter is TERRIFIED of Jammy. She's 9 and knows it's just a costume, but she says "he's just creepy!"

Back