All-Star [1/17-1/18] Beast Of The East Atlantic City, Nj

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

is lady lightning the only ICE team going?
I heard they are no longer going (could be wrong). I don't think any other ICE teams are going and you have to bring 50% or more of your teams for this comp to be considered for a bid.

I heard they are no longer going (could be wrong). I don't think any other ICE teams are going and you have to bring 50% or more of your teams for this comp to be considered for a bid.

That's a money grabbing rule if I've ever seen one - is that just for a worlds bid? So if you have one level 5 team, you have to bring half of your lower level teams that wouldn't even be in the running for the bid? Or are they giving out Summit or US finals bids too?

Are there other comps that do similar rules?

That's a money grabbing rule if I've ever seen one - is that just for a worlds bid? So if you have one level 5 team, you have to bring half of your lower level teams that wouldn't even be in the running for the bid? Or are they giving out Summit or US finals bids too?

The give out Summit bids too, and I think some other EPs have this rule too but I don't know specifically which ones they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many EPs have this rule. If I'm an EP and I am giving away 2 paid bids worth $25,000, I am not going to be making money if 20 of the 25 gyms going for Worlds bids only bring their level 5 teams. They are giving Summit bids and I believe the rule applies to Summit bid participants as well.
Also, EP's are allowed to give a certain number of bids and it is related to how many teams are at their competition. It is smart to ensure not only profitability, but to ensure the ability to give bids in the future.

Did you hear that they were not going because of this rule? Or are there other reasons why they are not going?

Many EPs have this rule. If I'm an EP and I am giving away 2 paid bids worth $25,000, I am not going to be making money if 20 of the 25 gyms going for Worlds bids only bring their level 5 teams. They are giving Summit bids and I believe the rule applies to Summit bid participants as well.
Also, EP's are allowed to give a certain number of bids and it is related to how many teams are at their competition. It is smart to ensure not only profitability, but to ensure the ability to give bids in the future.

I see why they do it, but when I look at the big picture, it's kind of as if the people on the lower level teams are essentially paying for the level 5 teams to go to worlds. I guess if they are giving out Summit bids too though, its a wash cause then ALL the teams that are participating are eligible for something.

Did you hear that they were not going because of this rule? Or are there other reasons why they are not going?
Heck I am not even 100% sure if what I heard is correct lol! I don't know why they chose not to go - if in fact they aren't going!

Yes many other comps do this if u want to bring a Worlds team. Half your gym must come also.

The give out Summit bids too, and I think some other EPs have this rule too but I don't know specifically which ones they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reach the beach in April and Wildwood comp in March have the same rule. WW is not Summit Bids and is usually smaller due to the rule.

We have gone to this comp for the last few years and have been impressed with the actual comp. It is usually on time, well run, and fun! That being said, the convention center employees are AWFUL. I actually contacted a manager two years ago and reported one of the employees who was so nasty to an athlete and their mother. I could not believe how she was speaking to a customer because they were not "moving fast enough" so she could "clean the restrooms". There was no way you could have convinced me that they cleaned those all weekend. Make sure on Sunday night you either 1) eat early or 2) have food in your room. They close the food venues earlier than the comp ends and they usually run out of stuff (ie: diet coke :eek:) halfway through Sunday. Unfortunately, the parking has pretty much stayed the same..expensive and hard to get...sorry. We are staying at the Sheraton, as we always do. It is expensive but so worth it. It is one of the few that FCD and FCS attend to see us compete.

Lots of comps do it, why should an EP shell out $25K for you if you can't be bothered to bring anyone else. They want to reward their loyal customers. Athletic in Providence has a similar rule, unless you're traveling more than 500 miles (though we're pretty sure that's a new exception they added last year).

I see why they do it, but when I look at the big picture, it's kind of as if the people on the lower level teams are essentially paying for the level 5 teams to go to worlds. I guess if they are giving out Summit bids too though, its a wash cause then ALL the teams that are participating are eligible for something.

Of course they are. They can't afford to give out $50K without comp fees from levels 1-4

Reach the beach in April and Wildwood comp in March have the same rule. WW is not Summit Bids and is usually smaller due to the rule.
I thought Cheer Tech used to be 90% of the program....though it's been a few years, and I could be wrong

Lots of comps do it, why should an EP shell out $25K for you if you can't be bothered to bring anyone else. They want to reward their loyal customers. Athletic in Providence has a similar rule, unless you're traveling more than 500 miles (though we're pretty sure that's a new exception they added last year).

Of course they are. They can't afford to give out $50K without comp fees from levels 1-4

All this makes me wonder now if a EP would be biased towards a large program when handing out their bids. Like does that one really good team traveling 600 miles to compete just their level 5 team have a shot against all these programs that brought 17 teams when there is a rule such as this in place. The EP would probably have to put up w/ a lot of animosity if a gym w/ one team got the bid (and essentially all the level 1-4 comp fee money that the large gyms were FORCED to spend).

This is making me realize cheer isn't so much unlike competition dance where there are some comps that have "reputations" for giving out the top overall awards to whichever studio brought the most numbers.

Back