All-Star [1/30 - 2/1] Atc International Starz - Bellevue, Wa

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 29, 2012
I know this is still over a month away but I'm getting excited for most of Oregon and Washington teams first chance at bids.

They are offering more bids this year - 2 paids and 4 at-larges

Anyone know the bid declaration or who will be attending this event?

I am just hoping that they change the way they do this. The final 4 event they did last year was a HUGE debacle and quite frankly was nothing more than the perfect storm for injuries...... they are extremely lucky that no one got seriously hurt. If they decide to continue with that nonsense this year then they need to spread it out over 3 days and if not then have the worlds teams go first thing in the morning on the second day and have plenty of time to recover vs making them perform back to back performances.

ETA- looks like they will be doing the same "fierce four" competition as they did last year where there were several injuries due to having to perform back to back. I am not happy that it does not seem that the EP is concerned about the safety of the athletes, especially after the issues from last year.

Last edited:
I hated that "final four" event they did last year. It was awful to watch those Level 5 teams compete and then turn around and half to do it all again, with bids on the line. It was a disaster! I know that this would never happen, but I wish the gyms that could potentially be competing in the "final four" event would take a stand against this. The EP needs to watch the videos from last year and rethink this decision.

Don't get me wrong it could be a great event- but after watching one team have to stop completely because of an injury and not returning to the mat- it broke my heart. Thankfully the athlete wasn't injured too bad and could return a few weeks later at Best of the Northwest, but 3/4 teams involved had some pretty bad falls. In fact when the IO6 team went I was praying for a clean routine because after seeing their stunts I knew if they had a fall someone could get seriously hurt. Hopefully they will learn from their mistakes from last year and keep the athletes safety in mind.

Gotta cancel the hotel reservations! CP & I love staying in Bellevue during comp weekend, darn.

Yeah, it is nuts! But I hear we will see you at UCA Tacoma now.

(I want to know what hotel you all were staying at and if I can swoop a room. I have a king and want a double. ;) )

Oooh, Darn! King room here @ Courtyard Marriott. So sorry it's not swoop-worthy!

SOUTH PULLED FROM IT???
It's the same day as the WIAA high school championship. Last time we attempted to do both it was chaos. They had our teams going Friday night instead of Saturday.
I like the idea of swapping it with UCA and getting our teams in front of UCA judges before we compete in Florida. Plus another chance to go for a summit bid is not a bad thing. Not sure how the missed opportunity for a worlds bid is sitting with the diamonds and titans

Last edited:
It's the same day as the WIAA high school championship. Last time we attempted to do both it was chaos. They had our teams going Friday night instead of Saturday.
I like the idea of swapping it with UCA and getting our teams in front of UCA judges before we compete in Florida. Plus another chance to go for a summit bid is not a bad thing. Not sure how the missed opportunity for a worlds bid is sitting with the diamonds and titans

I hear that, but it is still surprising. I mean, neither of those comps were just scheduled. Lucky for the peeps who want to watch the Super Bowl, though. ;)

I hear that, but it is still surprising. I mean, neither of those comps were just scheduled. Lucky for the peeps who want to watch the Super Bowl, though. ;)
Believe me, I think we were all surprised. I'd keep stalking the hotel website. Sounds like lots of people are waking up today and dumping their rooms.

Only bad thing about the summit bids are that they are only wild cards which doesn't guarantee entrance into the summit. Wild cards compete on Friday and must win their division in order to compete on day 1 (Saturday) of the summit. I like the idea of getting in front of the UCA judges but I do not like the idea of a wild card. Especially since if you accept a WC you can only accept a paid bid to the summit not an at large bid.

Only bad thing about the summit bids are that they are only wild cards which doesn't guarantee entrance into the summit. Wild cards compete on Friday and must win their division in order to compete on day 1 (Saturday) of the summit. I like the idea of getting in front of the UCA judges but I do not like the idea of a wild card. Especially since if you accept a WC you can only accept a paid bid to the summit not an at large bid.
Add to the fact that there are only two WC bids available. That's alot of pressure.

Add to the fact that there are only two WC bids available. That's alot of pressure.
no kidding, and imagine how much pressure there will be when you have to win your division on Friday- I know the small j3 div already has 20 wild card teams- and only the winner will move on to the Summit. That's insane!

Back