1/4 Turn Basket In Level 2?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheer4evah

Cheer Parent
Apr 20, 2011
Can you 1/4 turn a basket in level 2? I know you can 1/4 cradle and I assume you can't 1/4 turn in a basket because of the rule that says no twisting allowed in baskets. I only ask because I just saw a video of a level 2 team do them. I know that doesn't mean it is legal, but just wanted to ask.

@Andre @RulesGuy

Thanks!

They can't answer questions on here anymore, you have to send an official video. The 1/4 turn for the cradle is basically so that arabesques or scores can square hips to face front, which there isn't really need for in baskets. I don't think that 1/4 turns are legal since you're only allowed to do straight rides with arm motions.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

No, straight rides only. Arm motions can be done but hips and shoulders need to stay straight (ie, no baskets facing the sides and flyer turns head/shoulders towards the front.)

They can't answer questions on here anymore, you have to send an official video. The 1/4 turn for the cradle is basically so that arabesques or scores can square hips to face front, which there isn't really need for in baskets. I don't think that 1/4 turns are legal since you're only allowed to do straight rides with arm motions.

Okay, thanks! Like I said, I didn't think they were legal, but saw them in a video so wanted to be sure.

No, straight rides only. Arm motions can be done but hips and shoulders need to stay straight (ie, no baskets facing the sides and flyer turns head/shoulders towards the front.)

They can face the side and look forward though. We have done our L2 teams baskets facing the side with them looking over their shoulder for years. They load in facing the side so they don't turn in the air.

ImageUploadedByFierce Board1406688751.557284.jpg

They can face the side and look forward though. We have done our L2 teams baskets facing the side with them looking over their shoulder for years. They load in facing the side so they don't turn in the air.

View attachment 580
I was just about to tag you with your fierce looking head turn baskets! They always look great!!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just about to tag you with your fierce looking head turn baskets! They always look great!!:)

Thank you :)

We are toying with the idea of having them forward facing this year but I'm torn lol.

Thank you :)

We are toying with the idea of having them forward facing this year but I'm torn lol.
Oh girl I'm torn too. I love those and they are so you, like no one else make them look as good but then again I'm sure your front ones will be great too!!!:)

Oh girl I'm torn too. I love those and they are so you, like no one else make them look as good but then again I'm sure your front ones will be great too!!!:)

This years flyers look better facing forward so far. BUT don't think I won't be trying to get them sideways soon haha!

Can you 1/4 turn a basket in level 2? I know you can 1/4 cradle and I assume you can't 1/4 turn in a basket because of the rule that says no twisting allowed in baskets. I only ask because I just saw a video of a level 2 team do them. I know that doesn't mean it is legal, but just wanted to ask.

@Andre @RulesGuy

Thanks!

No under this rule:
L2 Tosses / C. Flipping, twisting, inverted or traveling tosses are not allowed.

A 1/4 turn is "twisting". Is this make sense?

Back