All-Star [12/13 - 12/14] American Grand - Las Vegas, Nv (2fp, 4al)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Was anyone surprised they gave away an extra paid bid to Worlds? I'm still surprised there aren't many videos

Yes. At first I thought there was a tie but they never said why they gave an extra FP and 2 AL.
I remember them saying something about it being due to the growth of competitors but I'm guessing that one of those cali teams would not have been getting paid if it wasn't for that extra bid because both teams had falls.

I remember them saying something about it being due to the growth of competitors but I'm guessing that one of those cali teams would not have been getting paid if it wasn't for that extra bid because both teams had falls.
I doubt it would've been Coed just b/c of their difficulty.

I was a little surprised with Lady Bullets getting first and the full paid due to the 2nd day marking stunts, being that its comparative scoring, but it might just be me not understanding it. I havent seen videos of the other teams

Ive always wondered why they only give out 2 paid, when its such a big comp, Ive had a feeling they were holding on to at least one more bid "just in case"

I feel like Spirit Sports in Palm Springs is about the same size and give out 4.....I always have my own little issues with Varsity/American Grand LOL

I was a little surprised with Lady Bullets getting first and the full paid due to the 2nd day marking stunts, being that its comparative scoring, but it might just be me not understanding it. I havent seen videos of the other teams

Ive always wondered why they only give out 2 paid, when its such a big comp, Ive had a feeling they were holding on to at least one more bid "just in case"

I feel like Spirit Sports in Palm Springs is about the same size and give out 4.....I always have my own little issues with Varsity/American Grand LOL
Lady Suns scored lower due to a stunt fall both days. I thought both teams looked amazing, though.

This comp historically gives 1 paid to all girl and 1 paid to coed. The "extra added" 3rd bid went to a small coed team I believe. As far as the all girl teams--- there were the 6/7? in small senior and then Aces in Medium. I do not believe any of the all girl teams were clean on Sunday. Lady Bullets had an injury backstage which resulted in the marked stunts. Varsity scoresheet is "majority" right... So 4/5 stunts is still a majority. I saw another team put up just 4 stunts (I think 19 on the floor) as well. I can't even begin to comment or opine on difficulty comparison among teams. As a Mom... I limit my observations to how cute the uniforms are etc. LOL!

This comp historically gives 1 paid to all girl and 1 paid to coed. The "extra added" 3rd bid went to a small coed team I believe. As far as the all girl teams--- there were the 6/7? in small senior and then Aces in Medium. I do not believe any of the all girl teams were clean on Sunday. Lady Bullets had an injury backstage which resulted in the marked stunts. Varsity scoresheet is "majority" right... So 4/5 stunts is still a majority. I saw another team put up just 4 stunts (I think 19 on the floor) as well. I can't even begin to comment or opine on difficulty comparison among teams. As a Mom... I limit my observations to how cute the uniforms are etc. LOL!
What I noticed was the tumbling differences between Worlds teams. It varied from lots of layouts to bounce back passes. It is very hard to earn a bid if you have limited fulls, under rotated fulls to teams with 7 or more doubles and alternate passes. That's what stood out to me more than stunting.

What I noticed was the tumbling differences between Worlds teams. It varied from lots of layouts to bounce back passes. It is very hard to earn a bid if you have limited fulls, under rotated fulls tteams with 7 or more doubles and alternate passes. That's what stood out to me more than stunting.
Yes! This. I did see layouts from some teams. And while we all know tumbling isn't the whole scoresheet...layouts might fly on an R5 team but I don't expect to see them on Worlds teams.

I know this is probably irrelevant to most people, but for those who were interested in the final results and looking at the awards link I just wanted to say that they left Nor Cal Elite All Stars-Electra-Large Senior 2 out of the list for judge's choice awards. We received one for outstanding performance.

I got to see Coed in Anaheim a couple of weeks ago and they blew me away. I was shaking my head the whole time saying, this isn't real. Just beautiful.

So happy for LBOD and their bid. I think I may have to join my LBOD mom friend at Worlds this year!
I am so excited for both of these teams!! My daughter has a couple of friends on Coed and i know they are HUNGRY this year and that their team is bonded in a super unreal way.... and Lady Bullets is - well - Lady Bullets. My LittleBug is CONVINCED she's going to go to college in San Marcos to super senior on one of those teams. All this while I'm over here trying to make her stay 10....

Back