All-Star [12/14 - 12/14] Gssa Championships & Super Six - San Jose, Ca (world's Bids)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We are going! But can someone please tell me what Super Six stands for?

This is from the GSSA website because I'm terrible at explaining:

"This Tier 1 USASF Worlds Bid event awards 2 Paid Bids and 6 At-large bids for cheer. Teams from the Level 5 Worlds divisions will compete two days in their divisions and the top 6 scores will advance to The SUPER SIX where the bids will be awarded by the judging panel. Scores for the previous two performances are thrown out and the judges select the teams based on what team will best represent GSSA at The Cheer Worlds."

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

This is from the GSSA website because I'm terrible at explaining:

"This Tier 1 USASF Worlds Bid event awards 2 Paid Bids and 6 At-large bids for cheer. Teams from the Level 5 Worlds divisions will compete two days in their divisions and the top 6 scores will advance to The SUPER SIX where the bids will be awarded by the judging panel. Scores for the previous two performances are thrown out and the judges select the teams based on what team will best represent GSSA at The Cheer Worlds."

Soooooo as usual, it's all about Level 5. :rolleyes:

Basically the top 6 worlds teams with the highest scores are put are forced to compete again on Sunday. From there, it is judges choice as to who will receive the 2 full paid bids and the 4 at-large bids. I've been going to super six for years now and it has got so confusing lol Now, they chose 8 worlds teams and give out 2 full paid and 6 at-large... which causes me to wonder why it is still called "super six" :confused:

Basically the top 6 worlds teams with the highest scores are put are forced to compete again on Sunday. From there, it is judges choice as to who will receive the 2 full paid bids and the 4 at-large bids. I've been going to super six for years now and it has got so confusing lol Now, they chose 8 worlds teams and give out 2 full paid and 6 at-large... which causes me to wonder why it is still called "super six" :confused:
It was eight based on the amount of level five teams attending, it has now changed again.

Well yes it's the competition for worlds bids.

Maybe I'm confused, then. Is this a different competition from the one GSSA is having the weekend of Decmber 14-15 in San Jose that all levels will be attending?

Maybe I'm confused, then. Is this a different competition from the one GSSA is having the weekend of Decmber 14-15 in San Jose that all levels will be attending?
Yes, it is the same competition. Super Six is just an add on for worlds-level teams

The actual competition is called the GSSA Championships. The "Super 6" is basically a competition within this competition to determine who wins the worlds' bids.

So it's not a competition just for Worlds bids but there will be other levels there. So I go back to my original post, it's all about level 5.

The season hasn't started and I'm already getting irritated. LOL!!

I'm pretty sure last year they have out four of the at large bids and the two full paid to the senior 5 teams in super six (so no int. 5 or 6) And then the last two at large go to teams not in super six, so those could go to an international team. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how it went

So it's not a competition just for Worlds bids but there will be other levels there. So I go back to my original post, it's all about level 5.

The season hasn't started and I'm already getting irritated. LOL!!
LOL. Don't worry. The actual competition itself is a normal 2-day. The Super 6 thing is just their way of determining who gets the Worlds Bids.

Back