All-Star [12/14 - 12/14] Gssa Championships & Super Six - San Jose, Ca (world's Bids)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How do they decide when to split a division? We have I think 9 teams in our division-looking back same thing last year and they split the division in two....this year it's one division?

If anyone will be around at 8:20 and is willing to video my old team and send it to me, I would SUPER appreciate it. It's USA Starz Reign, and they go on 15 min before Smoed so I'm sure plenty of people will be hanging around.. :rolleyes:

I am so over how rude and entitled the Cali fans are at competitions....we could hardly get through the gate to see our own team because a Cali team was after us and they were jam packed at the entrance. Then when our team was done, we were literally getting run over by Cali kids rushing to the front of the viewing area....they really need to add some lessons in manners to their curriculum....this is not the first time something like this has happened...

An before you think I have sour grapes, my C P didn't even compete against a Cali team ;)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Maybe this is a stupid question but I am wondering if you can accept an at large bid to worlds now but still go for a full bid later this season? (Just in case you won't win another bid later on but still get to go to worlds) and will the at large bid be handed down then?
Thanks.

Maybe this is a stupid question but I am wondering if you can accept an at large bid to worlds now but still go for a full bid later this season? (Just in case you won't win another bid later on but still get to go to worlds) and will the at large bid be handed down then?
Thanks.
Yes, you can accept an at large bid and then upgrade later in the season.

Thanks.
You can upgrade, but that at-large will go away. The only time a bid will get passed down is if you have a partial paid and upgrade to a paid, that partial will pass down. Or if you decline a bid within the first 48-72? hours after receiving it (I'm not sure of the time frame but its the first couple days) it will get passed down. I hope that makes sense.

I am so over how rude and entitled the Cali fans are at competitions....we could hardly get through the gate to see our own team because a Cali team was after us and they were jam packed at the entrance. Then when our team was done, we were literally getting run over by Cali kids rushing to the front of the viewing area....they really need to add some lessons in manners to their curriculum....this is not the first time something like this has happened...

An before you think I have sour grapes, my C P didn't even compete against a Cali team ;)

I will completely agree with you on this.

To say something of this nature is unfair and inflammatory. To speak in such generalization is ridiculous. CALI has numerous gyms, and everyone of them is full of rude spectators ? I understand the aggravation associated with attending these events. I've been attending them for ten years and have endured my share of frustrations. I also attended the event your talking about. I suffered the same experience when I attempted to view my child's team perform. Only it wasn't CALI spectators causing the problem. It was the spectators waiting to view the next team, and the gyms were different on both Saturday and Sunday. But, neither one CALI. This type of thing occurs all the time. I too wish individuals would be more polite....all individuals. I suspect you only went to the spectator area once and by coincidence a CALI team was performing next so that was your only experience. With regard to spectators lining up by the gate prior to their team's performance, that's how it's done. And with respect to feeling pushed out of the spectator viewing area, the gate into the spectator area was controlled by GSSA staff. Individuals entered and exited the area as instructed by the staff. They tied off plastic tape to block waiting spectators. In addition a staff member stood there blocking any unwanted entry. It's also important to understand that larger gyms usually bring a large contingent of teams to these events which translates into a large number of spectators. Especially a well known gym like CALI with popular teams that rank among the best in the industry. I noticed this past weekend that many CALI spectators weren't even from CAL
I

To say something of this nature is unfair and inflammatory. To speak in such generalization is ridiculous. CALI has numerous gyms, and everyone of them is full of rude spectators ? I understand the aggravation associated with attending these events. I've been attending them for ten years and have endured my share of frustrations. I also attended the event your talking about. I suffered the same experience when I attempted to view my child's team perform. Only it wasn't CALI spectators causing the problem. It was the spectators waiting to view the next team, and the gyms were different on both Saturday and Sunday. But, neither one CALI. This type of thing occurs all the time. I too wish individuals would be more polite....all individuals. I suspect you only went to the spectator area once and by coincidence a CALI team was performing next so that was your only experience. With regard to spectators lining up by the gate prior to their team's performance, that's how it's done. And with respect to feeling pushed out of the spectator viewing area, the gate into the spectator area was controlled by GSSA staff. Individuals entered and exited the area as instructed by the staff. They tied off plastic tape to block waiting spectators. In addition a staff member stood there blocking any unwanted entry. It's also important to understand that larger gyms usually bring a large contingent of teams to these events which translates into a large number of spectators. Especially a well known gym like CALI with popular teams that rank among the best in the industry. I noticed this past weekend that many CALI spectators weren't even from CAL
I

Thanks for this. I'm a Cali parent and went out of my way to help 3 little girls from other programs get close enough to see Smoed. I let them stand in front of me. So vilifying a whole program is unfair, no matter who the gym is.

I had a bad experience with parents from a gym this weekend, too, but I don't believe all the parents from this program are like them.

Last edited:
Thanks for this. I'm a Cali parent and went out of my way to help 3 little girls from other programs get close enough to see Smoed. I let them stand in front of me. So vilifying a whole program is unfair, no matter who the gym is.

I had a bad experience with parents from a gym this weekend, too, but I don't believe all the parents from this program are like them.
And the simple truth is that they're probably not associated with Cali in any way shape or form other than being entitled fans that seem to think they have more right to front row than the athletes families.

I've not been involved in the bum rush to view teams at this level for long (what? Three competitions now?) but I've already noticed some things I'm trying to steel myself to endure as a paying parent of an athlete about to come out. In Kansas City my husband stood at the end of the judges table at the back of priority viewing (in front of it but at the end with his back against the judges riser I.e no one behind him and not blocking anyone's view since he was backed up TO the judges table) to film Coed Elite for our son and some random non-gym woman behind the barricade to the side of him slaps him on the shoulder and says, "are you REALLY going to stand right there"

His answer was, "yes."

Which is better than what I would've said. That would've involved something to the effect of "when you're driving three of these kids 2 hours one way and paying the a second salary to cheer extreme you can feel free to tell me to move."

It's the entitlement to watch kids you're not making these ridiculous sacrifices for (over those of us who are) that is bound to grate on my last nerve.

And the simple truth is that they're probably not associated with Cali in any way shape or form other than being entitled fans that seem to think they have more right to front row than the athletes families.

I've not been involved in the bum rush to view teams at this level for long (what? Three competitions now?) but I've already noticed some things I'm trying to steel myself to endure as a paying parent of an athlete about to come out. In Kansas City my husband stood at the end of the judges table at the back of priority viewing (in front of it but at the end with his back against the judges riser I.e no one behind him and not blocking anyone's view since he was backed up TO the judges table) to film Coed Elite for our son and some random non-gym woman behind the barricade to the side of him slaps him on the shoulder and says, "are you REALLY going to stand right there"

His answer was, "yes."

Which is better than what I would've said. That would've involved something to the effect of "when you're driving three of these kids 2 hours one way and paying the a second salary to cheer extreme you can feel free to tell me to move."

It's the entitlement to watch kids you're not making these ridiculous sacrifices for (over those of us who are) that is bound to grate on my last nerve.

I think some ppl just lose their good sense when certain teams come on. These little girls were so happy that they got to be right up front that I couldn't have cared less if I was forced to the back! Now that being said, I videoed the routine and I think one of them deafened me. The screaming was at insane decibels. Lol!

Back