All-Star 13-14 Varsity All Star Scoring System

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh lord, I read through these and I feel bad for all the choreographers and coaches out there. There seems to be quite a few questions about these new rules maybe they should come with videos or something

I have never liked or used front spots unless I had extra's, and now i'm slightly confused on how it will effect my score in the basing category. My sr 2 currently has 19 girls. I plan on doing two mans but also have a more difficult sequence with alot of transitions that will need full groups. so if I have 4 full stunt groups, would i lose point to have the 3 extra girls front spot? or should I have the 3 extra girls not stunt and just tumble? A little insight on this would be very helpful, thanks!
Just have them tumble. Even though you'll have hit the quantity score in the one man groups. I would be interested to see if the basing category will be across the board stunting or one element.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Quick question! I am working on choreography, and I am wondering about the "building skills creativity" category and the scoring for it. On the scoring guidelines sheet, it says the low range is .1-.3, medium is .3-.6, and the high range is .6-1.0. If you look at the L1 scoresheets, however, it says that the highest score possible is a 5. Does that mean the low range is actually 4.1-4.3, medium is 4.3-4.6, and high is 4.6-5? I just want to make sure I am not missing anything.
That is accurate. You will be scored at 4-5 for L1, 5-6 for L2 and so forth...

Justin Carrier

I'm hearing that series jumps are supposed to make a total of 3/4 of a turn in order to max out. But I'm not seeing that in the new grid. Is that right or wrong and if its right, where does it say that?

I'm hearing that series jumps are supposed to make a total of 3/4 of a turn in order to max out. But I'm not seeing that in the new grid. Is that right or wrong and if its right, where does it say that?

It doesn't say that, but since a limited number of jumps are looked at people are looking for other ways to make the sequence more difficult.

So i have 19 kids - doing 4 stunts in our main sequence & 5 stunts in a second sequence. is it hurting us to use the 3 extra kids as front spots in the main sequence? I mean we are still maxing out in the stunting area.

So i have 19 kids - doing 4 stunts in our main sequence & 5 stunts in a second sequence. is it hurting us to use the 3 extra kids as front spots in the main sequence? I mean we are still maxing out in the stunting area.
I'm wondering the same thing! i spoke to a judge and he said he doesn't want to see those kids touch the stunt, have them tumble or stand behind the stunt group. That very well could be his personal preference though so I would love to hear if it affects the score or not. I hate having those kids just stand behind the stunt because they don't really feel like they're a part of the group even though they would be in a single based sequence later on.

Even with 19 on the floor you are opening the window to put up 6 stunts, so I don't understand how you are maxing out when utilizing all bases is now on the scoresheet, assuming you are a senior coed l3-5. (If not then this doesn't apply to you.)

I'd say you should just put an extra kid on the team for stunting purposes, what's it going to hurt? You'd get 5 elite groups and 6 stronger groups for quantity.

Even with 19 on the floor you are opening the window to put up 6 stunts, so I don't understand how you are maxing out when utilizing all bases is now on the scoresheet, assuming you are a senior coed l3-5. (If not then this doesn't apply to you.)

I'd say you should just put an extra kid on the team for stunting purposes, what's it going to hurt? You'd get 5 elite groups and 6 stronger groups for quantity.

sorry - meant to say 6 stunts for our second sequence. i'm just asking if the extra kids are front spotting, does it effect our score. and we only have 19 kids. if i had an extra kid, i would be using her.

Back