1st Yr Coach - Competition Cheer Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 11, 2017
Hi!
I am looking for help making a cheer for my varsity squad for competition. I am new to making cheer for comp!
We are the Patriots from May-Port CG High School or MPCG. Our colors are red white and blue. I honestly have no idea where to start!!
Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

Hi!
I am looking for help making a cheer for my varsity squad for competition. I am new to making cheer for comp!
We are the Patriots from May-Port CG High School or MPCG. Our colors are red white and blue. I honestly have no idea where to start!!
Any help would be appreciated!!!!!
Is it a story cheer (NCA style; fast paced, and packed with as much material as possible in order to entertain) or a crowd-leading cheer (UCA style; slower (ideally), very easy to follow visually and audibly, with the intent of involving and leading the crowd)?

More UCA style
Give me a bit, I'll create something. Do you guys have props, or are you going to order some? If so what kind(s) and how many?

Also how many athletes do you have and what stunts are they currently capable of?

Last edited:
Give me a bit, I'll create something. Do you guys have props, or are you going to order some? If so what kind(s) and how many?

Also how many athletes do you have and what stunts are they currently capable of?

I have 9 girls and we can do simple elevators. We don't have a lot of props, just poms

I have a long one: Mary-Port *clap* *clap* G *clap* C *clap* High school *clap *clap* x2 We are the, P-A *clap* *clap* T-R *clap* *clap* I-O-T-S *clap* *clap* Patriots! Shout it out! P-A *clap* *clap* T-R *clap* *clap* I-O-T-S *clap* *clap* We know for a fact, that we are the best! Then have your girls walk to stunts and do 2-mans. Have your first stunt group go up to a prep lib as they shout out the color red. Then have your second stunt group go up to a prep lib to as they shout the color white. Then have your last stunt group go up to a lib as they shout out the color blue. then have them come down as they shout out the colors: first stunt comes down on red, second group comes down on white, last group comes down on blue. Then have all of them shout out "Mary-Port high school! YELL IT! Mary-Port *clap* *clap* High school!"

Back