2 1/2 High Split!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So, last year I saw a level 3 team do what I think you are talking about. I thought why in the world was that level 3 doing a level 6 stunt. But they POP up to the split the whole structure dips and the top pops back down. So I guess since it never hits and stays its is a 2 1/2 high release move which would be legal at 3

So, last year I saw a level 3 team do what I think you are talking about. I thought why in the world was that level 3 doing a level 6 stunt. But they POP up to the split the whole structure dips and the top pops back down. So I guess since it never hits and stays its is a 2 1/2 high release move which would be legal at 3

If the top person is 2 1/2 high when she changes from descending to ascending the transition is no longer considered continuous and it is illegal in L1-5.

Maybe the bracers were dipped then the flyers was up in the split as the bracers were moved to a prep and popped the flyer off at the top. That way it's continuously moving up, or maybe they were called on it. They did end up with a really low score, but I think there were other issues as well

i think she talking about this starting 2;00 right

At the bottom of the split there's a girl standing on the ground that supports/pushes the top girl underneath the thighs, making it legal.

The rule says:

2. In a pyramid transition, a top person may travel over another top person while connected to that top person at prep level or below.
3. Primary weight may not be borne at second level.
Clarification: The transition must be continuous.

I think it can be done exactly like the vid for a level 4. What Weathergirls did seems to follow those rules

Can you explain how for L4?
The rule says:

2. In a pyramid transition, a top person may travel over another top person while connected to that top person at prep level or below.
3. Primary weight may not be borne at second level.
Clarification: The transition must be continuous.

I think it can be done exactly like the vid for a level 4. What Weathergirls did seems to follow those rules

@MissBee -I'll have to check.

@INeverStopCheering - It does follow the rules you listed. It is not legal in L4 as performed in the video.

Back