2 Bhs Full

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 11, 2014
today I worked two bhs to a full and my coach said I'm twisting right off the floor and I need to bring my chest up! I also went to open gym to try this and they said the same thing! how do I do this correctly!?

They want you to set more. Really push through your toes and lift through your shoulders in the set for your full. Since it's a full twisting layout, you need to actually do a layout first and twist at the top of your layout, not before your feet leave the ground

Ride the set a bit more instead of twisting right away. That will help your landing and cleanliness in the full. When you rebound set hard with your shoulders (not twisting hard) but set. Practice your round off hand spring with a big rebound and practice riding the set. Remember to set set set!

Go back to 2 BHS lay and work your set. Make that lay so high that you get used to doing it before adding the full back in. Also try landing the lay/full on a crash mat. It will make you set up higher in order to land on a higher surface.

In my experience, when people have issues with standing tumbling, the issue is not with the end trick; the issue is the handsprings leading into it. Without powerful handsprings, in proper form, that speed up, riding a layout up will be next to impossible. If you are not blocking though your shoulders properly, and/or punching with your feet in the correct position, your body's natural reaction is going to be to rush the skill.

For example: if you are landing your 2nd BHS connected to your full with your feet in front of you, you are going to naturally travel back not up. Also, if your chest is down out of that handspring, your naturally going to try to arch to in order to flip.

Work on perfecting the technique leading up to the layout/full. Your back handsprings should be LONG, your body should be stretched back into the second one, and you should block with your feet behind you while lifting through your core as well as engaging your shoulders into your layout/full.

Hope this helps.
Coach Matt

Back